Options

2 Posts

12-28-2012

United States

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 1 of 4

How to turn off the App switch on the touch pad?

2012-12-28, 4:08 AM

I just got this computer about 3 weeks ago and I love it but there is one thing I find incredibly annoying and that is the app switch function on the touchpad. Whenever you accidently swipe left on the touch pad (for ANYTHING, whether I'm surfing the web, trying to rewind a video on youtube, or just messing with my cursor) the screen switches to another app. I find this function to be incredibly annoying since its on the left side of the touchpad and that is where our fingers naturally go to since we tend to use left-click. Why the makers didn't put this function on the right side (or at all) of the touchpad will remain a mystery. However, please help me get rid of this annoying function that keeps switching me to another app while I'm perfectly fine using the one I'm focusing on at the moment.

Thanks

Options

109 Posts

10-31-2012

San Francisco

1084 Signins

8311 Page Views

• Views: 8311
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: How to turn off the App switch on the touch pad?

2012-12-28, 8:51 AM

You can disable all the Edge Swipe functions by going to Mouse Properties, click on the Device Settings tab, select Synaptics ClickPad, press the Settings button, click on Edge Swipe, uncheck the Enable Edge Swipes checkbox.  But you'll lose all of:

Enable Edge Swipes
Select the Enable Edge Swipes checkbox to enable a one-finger movement from the edge of the TouchPad in towards the center of the TouchPad:

1. A swipe from the left edge to the center switches from the currently open application to the previously open application.
2. A swipe from the right edge to the center opens or closes the Charms bar.
3. A swipe from the the top edge to the center opens or closes the Application Bar.

Options

1 Posts

01-04-2013

moorhead

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-01-04, 3:31 AM

I'm having the but when I follow your directions,

Mouse Properties, click on the Device Settings tab, select Synaptics ClickPad, press the Settings button, click on Edge Swipe, uncheck the Enable Edge Swipes checkbox

but I cannot find the Edge Swipe.  Below is a screen shot of the options that I found.  Please direct me to what I am missing.

options.jpg

Options

109 Posts

10-31-2012

San Francisco

1084 Signins

8311 Page Views

• Views: 8311
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-01-04, 5:01 AM

You seem to have an older version of the touchpad driver installed, V1.1.  Mine is version V8.1, Device Settings tab shows v16.2.21.4 19Nov12:

touchpad.jpg

Try installing the latest Yoga 13 touchpad driver from, seems to be 16.2.21.3 (maybe mine got updated via Windows Update?):

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032590

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete