cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjsmontesa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 194
Message 1 of 4

I can't open a new window when using Chrome on my Yoga 920 while in tablet mode.

Whenever I try to open a new window while in tablet mode, a rectangular appears on my screen as if a new window is trying to open then my screens begins to flicker like crazy until I exit tablet mode. Does anyone know why this may be happening? I would like to be able to open two browser windows and have them stacked side to side while in tablet mode like I would if I were to have multiple apps open. Is this even possible? 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 166
Message 2 of 4

Re: I can't open a new window when using Chrome on my Yoga 920 while in tablet mode.

For the flickering, download and install Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store and use it to update all your drivers, including your BIOS.

Also need to know if you're using your 920 as originally shipped or if you've upgraded/reinstalled Windows.

As for tablet mode, yes, you can have two windows side-by-side. 

Launch the first instance of Chrome. Using the touchscreen, pull the window down by the top bar as if you're going to swipe down to close the program. About halfway down, the window will shrink. At that point, swipe it to the left and it'll snap to the left half of the screen (I'm assuming landscape mode). Start another instance of Chrome and do the same swiping halfway down. When it shrinks, swipe to the right. Now, you should have two instances of Chrome side-by-side. This'll work for any two programs, I believe. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
cjsmontesa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 153
Message 3 of 4

Re: I can't open a new window when using Chrome on my Yoga 920 while in tablet mode.

@Doctordon wrote:

For the flickering, download and install Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store and use it to update all your drivers, including your BIOS. 

I just did and there was and there were no new updates for me to download.

@Doctordon

Also need to know if you're using your 920 as originally shipped or if you've upgraded/reinstalled Windows.

I am using my 920 with the original preinstalled version of Windows, but I installed Elementary OS as well so that I can dual boot.

@Doctordon

Launch the first instance of Chrome. Using the touchscreen, pull the window down by the top bar as if you're going to swipe down to close the program. About halfway down, the window will shrink. At that point, swipe it to the left and it'll snap to the left half of the screen (I'm assuming landscape mode). Start another instance of Chrome and do the same swiping halfway down. When it shrinks, swipe to the right. Now, you should have two instances of Chrome side-by-side. This'll work for any two programs, I believe. 

So this is weird, I did this and it kept giving me the same issue (minus the flickering) for a while,  but then after a handful of tries, it managed to do it! But this only works for opening a window, it won't allow me to do this by dragging a new tab away from the window and towards the other side (is this normal?).

I wonder why it was giving me issues earlier. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 148
Message 4 of 4

That's normal.  You'll see the same behavior with Edge. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors