Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

67 Posts

09-10-2013

United States of America

153 Signins

830 Page Views

• Views: 830
  • Message 11 of 29

Re: I have been compiling a list of fixes for the Yoga 13 here...

2013-10-20, 18:20 PM

I updated my list of Yoga 13 fixes with fixes for two issues caused by the Windows 8.1 update - sound is broken and the touch screen misses the first swipe again (this was a problem before the update, but after the update you have to reapply that fix). Find them here:

http://cogitoabsurdum.wordpress.com/category/lenovo-yoga-13/

Cheers,

lmader

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in

Options

4 Posts

10-18-2013

United States

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 12 of 29

2013-10-21, 17:09 PM

Imader,

Have you seen any fixes for USB 3.0 docks/drives that fail to work after the 8.1 update?  My Lenovo USB 3.0 dock seems to work well enough to allow my use of an external keyboard and mouse, but I'm not able to connect (the Yoga doesn't even recognize that I'm connected) to an external monitor through the same dock.  Any ideas??

Thanks!

Options

67 Posts

09-10-2013

United States of America

153 Signins

830 Page Views

• Message 13 of 29

2013-10-21, 18:00 PM

NOTE - I re-edited this post, so if you received it via email please reread.

I haven't personally encountered any problems with the USB - at least my USB 3.0 external drive works.

Given that you are able to access some of the functionality of the dock, and you are only having trouble with the external monitor, I would try reinstalling the graphics driver.  It should be the same as the driver you already have installed, so it can't hurt. 

EDIT: Please see my next post in this thread immediately following this one - it appears that the Win 8.1 installation does indeed install a newer graphics driver. So, check your driver version.  Also, create a System Restore Point before installing the driver from the Lenovo website.  Always a good idea anyway. Also, some people have solved some problems by installing the old lenovo graphics driver, and then re-updating it to the current one via device manager or windows update.

Get the original Windows 8 Integrated Graphics driver from Lenovo here:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032590

Also, look to see if there are drivers specific to the dock that need to be updated.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

lmader

Options

67 Posts

09-10-2013

United States of America

153 Signins

830 Page Views

• Message 14 of 29

2013-10-21, 18:17 PM

hmmm, I just noticed something interesting - it looks like the Windows 8.1 installation installed a very new version of the graphics driver.  Mine is showing as version 10.18.10.3316, dated 10/1/2013 (Oct 1).

Anyone else seeing this?

I should mention that I had previously updated the graphics driver about a month ago using Intel's generic HD 4000 driver. To do that, I just went to the Intel site and ran their driver update tool from the browser - it scans your machine for Intel hardware and displays available updates. This driver tool recognized my HD 4000 and updated the driver. But the Windows 8.1 installation updated to an even newer version.

I'm wondering if my previous update was a factor in why I have this updated graphics driver, or is everyone seeing this?

Options

1 Posts

10-22-2013

United States

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 15 of 29

2013-10-22, 16:00 PM

Firstly, thank you for reminding us about the fix for the two swipes on the touch screen.  Secondly, I was having the same trouble as mgearle - my ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock was working fine for my mouse and keyboard but not for my two monitors.  I did as you suggested and downloaded the graphics driver from your link above, restarted - still  no monitor, did a windows update, updated graphics driver as it suggested - still  no monitor, then updated the USB 3.0 Dock driver from here http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=UM014961 and Bob's your uncle.  I am seeing the same version for the graphics driver as you: 10.18.10.3316, dated 10/1/2013 (Oct 1) but everything is working fine at the moment except I can't seem to get my touch screen to calibrate correctly, it is making it difficult to use as a pad.  I had the same problem with I first got my Yoga 13 but it fixed itself after a few days.  I remain hopeful.

Options

67 Posts

09-10-2013

United States of America

153 Signins

830 Page Views

• Message 16 of 29

2013-10-22, 17:23 PM

Awesome, thanks for posting the fix.  

I don't know what to think about the screen calibration problem that you are having.  The fact that it healed itself the first time around makes it seem rather mysterious.  I'll keep my eyes open for anyone talking about that. 

Options

2 Posts

11-05-2013

Austria

3 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 17 of 29

2013-11-05, 17:23 PM

Hey guys !

I have a new problem with Windows 8.1 ... If I watch a movie with the VLC Player in Laptop Mode it runs perfect, but when I switch into Tablet Mode (or any other mode except laptop) the video starts bucking .. when I switch back to laptop mode it runs fluently again ... does anybody have the same problem ?

I already tried new drivers from the lenovo page but they didn't solve the issue... I called the service line from lenovo today, they told me to deinstall windows 8.1 and use Windows 8.0 ... *lol* and this is called a "service hotline" .. 

Options

5 Posts

11-05-2013

Germany

9 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 18 of 29

2013-11-05, 17:57 PM

Hi alltogether!

Thanks to everyone and esp. to you Imader for all these valuable posts. Going to Win8.1 I faced and was able to resolve the following issues: (1) Secure Start issue, (2) Dolby Theater error message and (3) external monitor not working. This is good it is solved now. :smileyhappy:

Yet, what I am still desparately struggeling with is the usage of Yoga with external projectors esp. when presenting something with MS Poverpoint (while and while not sharing the presentation via a WebEx and others). This occured already under Win 8 (and thus before going to Win8.1) in combination with MS Office 365. Using the official Lenovo HDMI to VGA adapter helped in getting correct pictures and colors (which did not work with no name hardware at all before). Yet, even with using this adapter resolutions are permanently changing (e.g. by MS ppt apparently getting thrown out of the presentor mode and others) leading to a flickering of the screens projected even when not touching Yoga at all. This of course, can get you as a presentor into trouble in many ways - be it in virtual or more classroom meetings and conferences. Issue is in a way that I would not recommend Yoga 13 to a business audience. Is anybody having similar issues and able to help?

Thanky in advance & Kind regards,

Toby

Options

137 Posts

12-08-2012

hawaii

852 Signins

3449 Page Views

• Views: 3449
  • Message 19 of 29

2013-11-05, 19:44 PM

wrote:

Hey guys !

I have a new problem with Windows 8.1 ... If I watch a movie with the VLC Player in Laptop Mode it runs perfect, but when I switch into Tablet Mode (or any other mode except laptop) the video starts bucking .. when I switch back to laptop mode it runs fluently again ... does anybody have the same problem ?

I already tried new drivers from the lenovo page but they didn't solve the issue... I called the service line from lenovo today, they told me to deinstall windows 8.1 and use Windows 8.0 ... *lol* and this is called a "service hotline" .. 

That reminds me of old 8.0 threads where some setting throttled the cpu when in tablet mode, I guess in order to not heat up a surface you are now holding. The point is, it may just be a setting that was flipped and you can flip it back if can discover it's obscure location.

Options

2 Posts

11-05-2013

Austria

3 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 20 of 29

2013-11-05, 19:55 PM
Thx for the fast reply! There's just one Problem, I don't know wehre I have to search for this setting :-)
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)