Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smartandsocial
Paper Tape
Views: 3,352
Message 1 of 6

I'm locked out of my computer

I recently had to undergo a password change on another account and it messed up my password on my computer.  Now I can't get in and I don't have a password reset key.  Any thoughts?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,338
Message 2 of 6

Re: I'm locked out of my computer

There are lots of kinds of passwords.  Do you mean power-on, BIOS, hard drive or SSD, Bitlocker, windows?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
smartandsocial
Paper Tape
Views: 3,283
Message 3 of 6

I mean the password to log into my computer.  I don't know if this is a Lenovo issue or Windows 10 issue, but it will not accept my password.  I did not change it.  I have had the same one for years.  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,276
Message 4 of 6

If it's the Windows logon screen, you can use your Microsoft account password to gain access. If it's your BIOS administrator password or Bitlocker, that's another issue. 

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
smartandsocial
Paper Tape
Views: 3,247
Message 5 of 6

It must be the administrator password because I can't get in with my Microsoft account password.  Any suggestions?  Do you think I need to take it in  or something?

Mod's Edit: Posting edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,234
Message 6 of 6

The BIOS admin password window will show up before Windows loads. Are you seeing a standard WIndows logon screen or something else?

If it's Windows that's not letting you in, go to another computer to make sure you can log on to your Microsoft account. Might help to change the Microsoft account password, anyway. Then come back to the Lenovo and try again, making sure the Lenovo can connect to WiFi. Also make sure Caps Lock isn't on and that the language selection didn't somehow change. 

If that fails, try using the virtual keyboard instead of a physical one. 

If that fails, here's a whole page of possibilities to try. Also see this one

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors