cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moksa
Paper Tape
Views: 280
Message 1 of 4

I really need a good ORIGINAL battery for my Lenovo Yoga 2. It uses a L12M4P21 battery, how?

I am struggling with this for a while now. In Hungary we basically have no Lenovo support. My Yoga 2 is considered old but still a very-very good laptop. The Energy Manager complains that the battery is old and I can see it in its performance as well unfortunately. I tried several sellers on Ebay but I keep getting some crappy quality, usually old, refurbished like (but it does not work at all) batteries. I want a real ORIGINAL Lenovo battery that is BRAND NEW (not manufactured in 2014), that is a real stuff, not just a sticker on the outside, crap in the inside. Could you please help me?

Guru
Views: 252
Message 2 of 4

Re: I really need a good ORIGINAL battery for my Lenovo Yoga 2. It uses a L12M4P21 battery, how?

I'm not sure which Yoga 2 model you have, but I'm assuming it's the Yoga 2 Pro based off of the battery part number you provided. 

You probably can't find a battery manufactured recently since the laptop is from 2014. 

I don't know this eBay seller, but I did purchase from them before, and I received the item as expected: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-L12M4P21-L13S4P21-Battery-For-Lenovo-Yoga-2-Pro-13-Series-121500156...Smiley Tongue

Lenovo only long has the Yoga 2 Pro battery in stock on their encompass parts site. 

Hope that helps. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Moksa
Paper Tape
Views: 224
Message 3 of 4

Re: I really need a good ORIGINAL battery for my Lenovo Yoga 2. It uses a L12M4P21 battery, how?

Thanks Eric for your response! You are right I have a Yoga 2 Pro, with 256GB SSD, 8 GB RAM, Intel 4510U i7 processor. I will try this vendor you suggested. Unfortunately I tried two other sellers on Ebay who sent me a faulty or different item what I needed, so I am at that point that I would pay more just give me a product that I can trust...

Moksa
Paper Tape
Views: 119
Message 4 of 4

They sent me a totally different battery than what I asked for... so not luck here. I tried 4 times, once (another company, not the one you suggested) they even wanted to escape, but thanks to Ebay policy I got my money back.
It looks like you can forget to replace the battery in your laptop if it is older than 5-6 years. Unless there is some third party who creates similar batteries tha matches the original. I do not get it why Lenovo does not make them anymore. There are many used laptops out on the market that could take them... at least as I know with cars, manufacturers are usually required by law to produce parts for at least 10 years...
I check out this Encompass site as the last resort, maybe they can help me. The battery is listed there at $95. Is this the site you were refferring to?

https://encompass.com/item/10202524/Lenovo/121500156/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors