Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SarahB2
What's DOS?
Views: 243
Message 1 of 2

I spilled soda on my Yoga 2 Pro keyboard.

I spilled soda on my Yoga 2 Pro keyboard. I turned it upside down and drained it all out, and I wiped it with a damp cloth, but now some of the keys are sluggish and some click. Everything seems to work except for the sticky keys. Is there a way to clean the keys inside?

SeniorGuru
Views: 218
Message 2 of 2

Re: I spilled soda on my Yoga 2 Pro keyboard.

Welcome to the forum.

The best way to remove soda residue (sugar) would be to remove the keyboard and wash that separately. Instructions for removing the keyboard are in the Hardware Maintenance Manual. You can find a copy for download on the Support product page for your model. There are also several videos on YouTube that illustrate this.

However, likely the soda has pentrated into the keyboard mechanics and can't be removed just by wiping the keyboard surface with a damp cloth. You may have to immerse the keyboard in water in order to dissolve out the sugar residue, then let it dry out. This may or may not work so in the end you may have to replace the keyboard.

If all of this sounds too complicated or risky then you may have to have the Yoga serviced.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors