Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-23-2013

Basingstoke

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad Yoga 13 - upgrade options

2013-02-23, 8:38 AM

After a long search I decided that my ideal laptop was the Yoga 13 but with the upgrade memory (8GB) and upgraded disc drive (256GB). To my dismay Lenovo Sales informed me that they did not have any Yoga 13s and would not have any until mid March at the earliest!!!

So I found that PC World had some but the lower spec (4GB memory and 128GB SSD) and they will do the upgrade. However, my questions are will this break the warranty and when they replace the disc drive they will presumably have to rebuild Windows 8 and presumably they will not have the lenovo build but a standard Windows 8 build - will I loose anything by doing this?

Finally, is there an option of taking the machine bought from PC World (without any upgrade) to Lenovo to do the upgrade and if so what would that cost me?

Thanks in advance to any kind person that tries to help me. I am looking forward to being part of this community.

Regards
Rory
Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

Czech Republic

9007 Signins

170449 Page Views

• Views: 170449
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad Yoga 13 - upgrade options

2013-02-26, 22:57 PM
hi rory,

warranty conditions may change by country but if pc world claims that they can upgrade the system, let them. it should be ok.

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms