Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parameterbreach
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad Yoga 13 will only charge to 12%

Hello, if this is the wrong forum, please let me know where to post. I couldn't find anything for an ideapad.

Anyway, I have the ideapad yoga 13 and it will only charge up to 12%. I've tried to reseat the battery, recalibrate the battery, reinstalled the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under Device Manager, tried a different power supply, and uninstalled the power management software. It will charge, but only to 12%. The system tray says that it is plugged in and charging, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm not sure if this is a software issue, mobo issue, or batter issue.

I'm comfortable reloading Windows 8.1 on it if I have to, but I don't want to waste anymore of my time trying to troubleshoot this thing.

Has anyone had this issue or know the fix?

Thanks!

Roadhouse
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad Yoga 13 will only charge to 12%

Hi.

I don't know if an Ideapad has the same apps preinstalled as a Yoga 2 PRO. But I had almost the same problem, and found out that in the Apps section (the Lenovo section) there is an app called "Energy Manager" and within this there is an option called "Conservation Mode" - the last tab. This was turned on, and after I disabled it, it would charge the battery to 100%.

I don't know if this is a solutuion, but it is worth a try :-)

Kind regards

Frank

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors