06-24-2014

Argentina

15 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 11 of 46

Re: Ideapad yoga 2 pro won't turn on

2014-07-07, 12:42 PM

Don't worry. I resolved the issue. You have only to remove all the undercover 12 screws (torx5 screwdriver), then locate the internal battery connector and remove it (just the connector, not the battery). After that try to plug the powercord. You'll probably see the power button light turning on again (this is a good sign). Try to power on, in my case it powered as usual. After that I powered off the device again, then plugged the battery connector again and tried to turn on. Worked perfectly. So after that I put all in order again And then I searched for last drivers. I installed Bios Update, and all the other stuff. (just as a precaution I turned off the automatic hibernation in muy energy saving profiles).

I hope you can resolve this.

Br,

Martin

Options

3 Posts

07-06-2014

Brazil

7 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 12 of 46

2014-07-07, 14:30 PM

I already did that previously, but in my case it didn't work.

I've tried to disconnect battery for some time, use just AC adapter, all possible combinations...

Pushing power button for X seconds, Novo button, nothing works for me.

The scene is always the same: power button and keyboard backlight flashing each 5 seconds, nothing else :smileysad:

Options

3 Posts

05-16-2014

Germany

25 Signins

212 Page Views

• Views: 212
  • Message 13 of 46

2014-07-07, 14:34 PM

I had to send mine in - it took unbelievable long time to have the motherboard replaced ...

Options

17 Posts

01-14-2014

California

367 Signins

1049 Page Views

• Views: 1049
  • Message 14 of 46

2014-07-07, 19:04 PM

I had a similar issue happen to me a month ago and had a to try a hard reboot (holding down power button)  a few time for the screen to finally come back on.  

I've never had this happen on previous laptops I've owned.    It's really scary to see this kind of thing on a premium laptop, and i hope this wasn't an early sign of more failures to come.

Options

3 Posts

07-06-2014

Brazil

7 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 15 of 46

2014-07-10, 11:35 AM

Tried everything recommended in this topic and in others I've found.

Removed undercover and unplugged battery connector, trying on AC adapater only. Same issue.

Tried to remove bios battery, plug it again, nothing.

$1.200 in the trash, thanks Lenovo...

Options

1 Posts

07-23-2014

San Mateo, CA

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 16 of 46

2014-07-23, 6:31 AM
I cannot believe it. Just bought my Yoga 2 Pro from BB and made sure it is the new 4510U and updated wireless AC. Mine is manufactured on June 14. Took it home, opened it up, press the power button and nothing. No light. Nothing. Pressed for 30 seconds with and without power cord plugged in and nothing.

I have never had any device or computer that I bought that never even turned on once. Why can't Lenovo have a quality check before packaging their products? I even get the QC stickers on my cheap handheld fan from Target. Lenovo can't do the same on their $1000+ computers?

Returning mine tomorrow morning. Whether or not I'm getting another Yoga is not certain. I had a Surface Pro 2 and never had an issue. It was stolen and I wanted to give Lenovo a try. Maybe I'll go back to Microsoft and get a Surface 3.
Options

3 Posts

09-19-2014

India

9 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 17 of 46

2014-09-19, 17:33 PM

SOLUTION. I FIXED IT!!!

I had the exact same problem. This is how I fixed it. You do run the risk of voiding your warranty though:

Step 1: Open the back cover by removing the 11 screws at the back (using torx 5 screwdriver)

Step 2: Disconnect the battery connector. No need for you to take out the battery.

Step 3: There is a small CMOS cell near the top left corner at the back (near the fan). Disconnect the connector of this cell (This will reset your bios).

Step 4: Reconnect your CMOS cell connector. Plug in the AC Charger and turn on your laptop. It should work!

Step 5: Reconnect your battery connector and screw back the cover.

Hope this helps. Tell me if it does/ doesn't. Good Luck!

Saumya

Options

1 Posts

10-06-2014

United States

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 18 of 46

2014-10-06, 12:00 PM

Mine died while using it (just shut off) and hasn't came back since. Started with the flashing keyboard light, but nothing. Tried all of resets, unplug, plugged in (no reset hole on this model). Now it doesn't turn on at all. No keyboard lights, no nothing! I've only had it a few months and it had been working perfectly. Very frustrating to say the least. 

Options

1 Posts

10-10-2014

US

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 19 of 46

2014-10-10, 8:43 AM

Hello all, this is a long story but I’ve been having the same issue and Lenovo has handled it horribly, especially since it seems to be very common and they should already know how to fix it!

So the problem began a month ago and it reoccurred after getting it back from Lenovo’s repair! The 1st time this happened, the screen suddenly began to pixelate and the computer did not respond to the mouse pad, keys, or touch screen so I had to do a force shutdown. When I turned it on, the keyboard flashed but the screen never came on again. I rushed to the 24-hour computer tech service that we have at school because I had homework to turn in the next day, but the technician couldn't get it to respond either and suggested it was a problem with the motherboard. So I called customer service and since I still had warranty, I sent it in for repair and they replaced the motherboard (so they say).

It took about 2 weeks to get it back and within a day the screen got distorted again, but this time it rebooted and seemed to be fine. I kept working and within 10 min it did it again. I called Lenovo and they guided me through a factory reset, and it seemed to work for two days when the same thing happened AGAIN, but this time the computer cycled through restart and wouldn’t even get to the start screen before rebooting again. I was not doing anything strenuous at all, just had a word document and the school's website open. I did plug in the USB charger for my phone, but I had done that many other times before and it was perfectly fine. I called Lenovo for the THIRD time and sent it in again for repair.

It has been another two weeks and I got an “update” voicemail from them saying that they found the issue with the “mainboard”, which is the same thing as the motherboard that they had already replaced right???

Why would they need to replace it again? This is absolutely ridiculous and if it happens again after I get it back (Monday 10/13) I don’t know what I’m going to do. Definitely not buy another Lenovo product ever!

Options

2015-06-30, 7:02 AM

This was the winning ticket for me right here. Removed battery, removed the CMOS battery, plugged CMOS battery back in and job done.

Thank you for your advice.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms