Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjwach
What's DOS?
Views: 49,182
Message 1 of 41

Ideapad yoga 2 pro won't turn on

My yoga 2 pro is a month old.  I used it this morning, then left it for a few hours.  When I came back I pressed the mouse key to get the intro screen.  It came on for a second and then went black.  I pressed the power key but nothing happened.  It didn't even light up.  I waited a few minutes and tried again.  I held down the power key for a few seconds.  Still nothing.  What should I try?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 48,752
Message 2 of 41

Re: Ideapad yoga 2 pro won't turn on

hi sjwach,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try to unplug the AC adapter, press and hold the power button for 30secs. When done, try to turn the computer ON and observe. If the unit doesn't show any signs of life, I recommend you contact lenovo and report your findings.

Lenovo support hotline in the U.S.:

Telephone number:  1-877-453-6686

Hours of operation: 24 hours a day  / 7 days a week

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

ajfarson
Blue Screen Again
Views: 48,230
Message 3 of 41

Jumping in on this. My new Yoga 2 Pro arrived yesterday. I updated the OS and rebooted but Windows hung on the "Restarting" screen so I physically powered it off and back on again... But it won't boot. It powers on, I get keyboard lights, power lights but no screen.

I tried holding power down for 30 seconds: No result.

I tried the Novo button: No result.

I let the battery drain completely: No result.

Is it possible that this thing is completely blown after three hours of extremely light use? I called support to find out and got an answer but no one on the line. I called again and was on hold for 45 mins only to have support hang up on me as soon as they answered the phone.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

noor_awan
What's DOS?
Views: 47,707
Message 4 of 41

I got same issue

got this just few months ago and I was working on it when it just turned off.

tryied everythign like ajfarson

and it seems like completly dead

is there any known issue?

akb1964
Paper Tape
Views: 47,610
Message 5 of 41

I also had this issue.  Laptop lasted 4 weeks.  Technical support was unhelpful.  I have been waiting 6 weeks now for my replacement laptop.  Customer service has been TERRIBLE despite numerous calls and speaking to agents, leads and supervisors.  I would caution anyone before they purchase from Lenovo.

noor_awan
What's DOS?
Views: 47,593
Message 6 of 41

I always bought Dell in my life and 1st time ever, I bought Lenovo, it was good until it was working but now I regret it even there is no support.

I email and call reseller and there is no reply from him.

I will never consider it again

alexr1212
What's DOS?
Views: 45,545
Message 7 of 41

I had this issue too. My yoga 2 pro would not turn on at all and I've had it about 4 months.  I called technical support to and they told me it was still under warranty and that I could send it in and have it repaired.  I told them that I had lots of important data on it and had not yet backed it up.  They said they I could contact the software support and pay them to walk me through taking the laptop apart, removing the hard drive, and backing up the files.  I'm no expert here, but opening the thing to remove the hard drive makes me feel like I'd be breaking the laptop more than it already is.  I will never buy another lenovo product again.  I expected a premium product when paying $1,200 for the thing.  This is anything but a premium device.  Be wary before buying a lenovo device!

mechenique
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 45,357
Message 8 of 41

Hi, I'm in argentina. Not return service. How can I do to resolve the problem and get my NEW yoga 2 back to life? Do you know which is the reason for this blackout?
Zepps
Paper Tape
Views: 45,009
Message 9 of 41

Same here.

I've bought it in USA, but I'm now in Brazil.

Yoga 2 Pro does not turn on anymore aftre a few months of use.

I was using it normally, then suddenly the screen got all messed up. I was forced to reboot, and the laptop never came live again.

Lenovo Brazil informed they can't do anything because this model is not sold here.

Lenovo USA said I must have an US address to ship it from repairs, and they will return it to the same address.

As I don't have a way to do that, I'll probably end up with a $1,200 brick.

mechenique
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 44,968
Message 10 of 41

Don't worry. I resolved the issue. You have only to remove all the undercover 12 screws (torx5 screwdriver), then locate the internal battery connector and remove it (just the connector, not the battery). After that try to plug the powercord. You'll probably see the power button light turning on again (this is a good sign). Try to power on, in my case it powered as usual. After that I powered off the device again, then plugged the battery connector again and tried to turn on. Worked perfectly. So after that I put all in order again And then I searched for last drivers. I installed Bios Update, and all the other stuff. (just as a precaution I turned off the automatic hibernation in muy energy saving profiles).

I hope you can resolve this.

Br,

Martin

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors