Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abesgaara
Paper Tape
Views: 755
Message 1 of 2

Increase dedicated graphics memory on my Lenovo 710 11IKB

Hello Lenovo Community!

I have a question about what can i do in order to increase my  shared dedicated video memory on the Integrated Intel HD Graphics 615 chipset. As i know, it should be possible to do this.

Capture.PNG

i would really like to have at least 256 MB and try some games on my new laptop. But sadly, it freezes and runs very bad even on medium-lower i graphics games like World of Warcraft.(20 fps).

I searched on the internet, but eventualy i was  sent here, to my manufacturer's community. I'd really like your help, if this is possible.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you!

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 744
Message 2 of 2

Re: Increase dedicated graphics memory on my Lenovo 710 11IKB

Welcome to the Community

As there isn't an option in the BIOS Setup to change the amount of video RAM, I don't see another official way except of the installation of Intel generic graphics drivers for this adapter.

Usually laptop manufacturers restrict the feature you need in the customized graphics drivers while Intel allows that for some graphics adapters in its generic drivers. But there isn't a guarantee these drivers are capable to install on certain OEM graphics adapter.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors