cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuDDi
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 1 of 5

Instant wake-up from sleep (presentation mode)

Whenever I'm home I tend to use my Yoga 920 as a secondary monitor replacement for my Desktop, having rotated the notebook so the keyboard faces down. I assume that some key is constantly pressed when resting in this position; for the device/screen will never enter sleep mode. If I try to enter sleep manually the screen goes black for half a second before coming back to life.

"powercfg -lastwake" shows no record of the computer having sleept in the first place. And the settings for deactingvating waking on keyboard input, does not exist on the Yoga (It is there on my desktop). Nor can I find any related setting for it in BIOS. Is is simply impossible for the notebook to sleep in presentation mode?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 327
Message 2 of 5

Re: Instant wake-up from sleep (presentation mode)

Have you tried to enable/disable the tablet mode on Windows?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
SuDDi
Paper Tape
Views: 304
Message 3 of 5

I did test enabling/disabling tablet mode. It makes no difference.

Though, as of right now I have sort of circumvented the problem by mounting some rubber plates at the corners of the platform the computer is resting on. Keeping the keyboard lifted. Though a software solution would be nice for more general cases.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 265
Message 4 of 5

You can try to disable the option "wake-up" from the device manager by unchecking the box "Allow this device to wake the computer"

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
SuDDi
Paper Tape
Views: 232
Message 5 of 5

The option for "Allow this device to wake the computer" does not exist on the Yoga 920. The power management tab is absent. This is what I tried to explain in the OP.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors