Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-30-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 11 of 19

Re:Integrated Camera Not Working

2020-04-30, 18:27 PM

Guys this worked for me...apparently Gates is too busy with politics as MSFT once again screws things up with an update....its a registry issue

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/forum/remove_provider.zip

Password is 1234

Options

1 Posts

05-17-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 12 of 19

2020-05-17, 23:43 PM

Has anyone tried the zip provided in the previous post?

Options

2 Posts

05-18-2020

Australia

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 13 of 19

2020-05-18, 3:51 AM
Have you had any luck yet resolving this? Mine only just started last week....
Options

2 Posts

05-19-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 14 of 19

2020-05-19, 21:25 PM
I am getting the same camera error. Spent hours trying to get a hold of a representative. I don't even know how I managed to get someone but they didn't help. They said I need to send in my laptop because it's a hardware issue. I haven't been able to send my laptop in because the email I received stated I needed to have passwords removed or write them down to access laptop. I haven't been able to remove it. I don't feel comfortable giving my passwords. I wanted to drop off the computer at the depot so I can speak with someone there about the login but of course, they don't allow drop off, only mail in. Has anyone tried the link that was provided in the thread by someone to correct the problem?
Options

2 Posts

05-18-2020

Australia

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 15 of 19

2020-05-20, 6:22 AM

Just tried that and ... nothing...

Options

1 Posts

05-20-2020

Slovakia

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 16 of 19

2020-05-20, 9:59 AM

Hello, I have got the same problem 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> error but in IDEAPAD laptop. So I guess it is bigger problem. Any from Internet advice does not working. Lenovo, Microsoft, anyone, please help us.

Options

2 Posts

05-19-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 17 of 19

2020-05-22, 8:48 AM
Did you try the zip and it didn't work? I'm dreading sending my laptop in for repair. It's still brand new. I have tried numerous online suggestions and nothing seems to work. :-(
Options

4 Posts

06-05-2020

Spain

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 18 of 19

2020-06-06, 17:03 PM

Unfortunately in my Lenovo laptop this problem happens many times when Windows updates automatically its OS or the defender security database. I suppose that some Microsoft patch impacts in some way the Lenovo driver of the integrated camera and for this reason it stops working and even it disappears from the Device Manager. Anyhow, this is really annoying and it happens very often in my computer. 

So just in case it may be of some help for someone with same problem, here are the steps that I follow to solve this issue when it happens:

1) restart the computer (obvious mandatory first step in the IT world for any computer problem)

2) if after the restart, the Lenovo integrated camera still doesn't work (for example, doing a Skype or Zoom videocall) then check the Windows privacy options as there is a specific Webcam option that must be enabled in the setting named "Let applications use my webcam" (restart the computer after enabling it just in case it may be needed and then it may finally work again correctly)

3) if the privacy setting was not the source of the problem, open the "Device Manager" administrative Windows tool and check if there is some "Integrated Camera" device in the tree hierarchy (usually it should appear under "Imaging Devices" or directly under some specific "Cameras" entry), so if there is one entry for the Integrated Camera, jump directly to step 5

4) if there is nothing in "Device Manager" about the Lenovo integrated camera, probably it may be hidden, so you have to activate the "View -> Show Hidden Devices" in the Device Manager menu options, so this should allow finally to see the Integrated Camera appearing in some kind of semi transparent way that means that Windows kernel has "disabled" it

5) now you may try the "update driver software" option in order to reinstall the Lenovo driver, although in my case this option never solved the problem as I usually get a message similar to "hardware not available" or "latest driver is already installed properly", so you may also try to "disable/enable" it but again in my case this never worked and I always get the same previous messages, so the only option is to "uninstall" the integrated camera to remove it totally from the Device Manager, and then you have to shut down your Lenovo laptop and restart it

6) when the Lenovo laptop restarts, Windows OS should automatically reinstall the Integrated Camera driver correctly, so after the system is correctly restarted you can open again the "Device Manager" tool and finally you can check that now the "Integrated Camera" appears again correctly and this time it is perfectly enabled meaning that Lenovo drivers have been correctly reinstalled and activated, so when you use a webcam application (like Skype or Zoom) it will finally work again perfectly

If all the previous steps do not work, you may check also if there is a BIOS configuration issue as usually inside there is a setting option to enable/disable the integrated camera of the Lenovo computer, so just in case check that its value is enabled before Windows OS boots up.

If none of those hints work, then I'm sorry but I really don't have any other clue for this problem.

Anyhow, I hope that it may help in some way because this issue is really annoying.

Cheers.

Options

142 Posts

12-11-2010

United States of America

191 Signins

2040 Page Views

• Views: 2040
  • Message 19 of 19

2020-06-06, 19:56 PM

If using Windows 10 you will need to allow the camera/mic via privacy settings. Also make sure that the camera is not off via a hardware or function key toggle.

ALSO, some laptops treat the built-in webcam and mic as ONE DEVICE, meaning that you have to allow both the camera AND mic in all the privacy and app settings - even if you only want to use the camera.

I was trying to test Bluejeans software a couple weeks ago on my Yoga 710 and couldn't get my camera recognized by the app. However, once I enabled the mic and allowed it in all the privacy settings, the Bluejeans software was able to use both the camera and the mic. Lenovo's Vantage software made it more difficult to diagnose since it was able to successfully test the camera (with the mic disabled). This had me stumped for about 10-15 mins.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms