Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BP723
Paper Tape
Views: 1,291
Message 1 of 6

Integrated Camera not working

Hello, my webcam suddenly stopped functioning yesterday and when open an application that uses it the light next to the camera flashes. when I tested it in the camera app it threw me this error code: 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>    ive tried updating/rolling back/reinstalling the drivers and nothing helped.

Guru
Views: 1,282
Message 2 of 6

Re: Integrated Camera not working

Computer model? OS? App?

Two quick things to try. Some Lenovo laptops have a camera hotkey. I cannot count the number of times I've accidentally hit that. If you have the hotkeys disabled, you'll need to press Fn + F8 (or whatever it is on your particular model, though I believe it's almost always F8. It really helps to know the model). It could be as simple as pressing the hotkey to turn the camera back on.

Windows Update 1803 introduced some new privacy settings that disable the camera by default. To adjust these - assuming you're using Windows 10.. it really helps to know these things - go to the new settings: Windows Key + I > Privacy > Camera. 

If none of that helps, we'll have to dig deeper. You'll need to provide more detailed information.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
BP723
Paper Tape
Views: 1,273
Message 3 of 6

I've tried all of those to no avail. It worked again for a short while after I ran the memory diagnostic tool, but its back to the way it was before.
BP723
Paper Tape
Views: 1,237
Message 4 of 6

the device is listed as "Yoga 710-14IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80V4 "
powelgw
Fanfold Paper
Views: 701
Message 5 of 6

If your system was upgraded from windows 7 or windows 8, it is possible that windows 10 now has 2 integrated cameras defined in devices. One may show as a camera undser Camera in the device list and one may show under interated devices. So you can have conflicting device dfivers. I was able to delete the stand alone camera in the devices list and use trhe integrated camera which windows 10 supported. The camera started to work again. Maybe this will work for your problems.

powelgw
Fanfold Paper
Views: 697
Message 6 of 6

Should have said imaging devices not integrated devices

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors