Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Achilles111
What's DOS?
Views: 770
Message 1 of 1

Intel (R) Wireless-N 7260 is not connected to Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

Hello,

recently the wireless symbol in the taskbar disappeared from time to time and connection via WiFi was not possible but connection via LAN cable was possible.

I checked the network and internet settings and a WiFi-adapter was not listed anymore.

I checked the device manager of my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro but the "Intel (R) Wireless-N 7260" device disappeared.

Only when I choosed "Show faded out devices" I saw the "Intel (R) Wireless-N 7260" device.

When I choose Properties from "Intel (R) Wireless-N 7260" this message appears:  "This device is not connected to the computer (Code 45)".

Some times when this problem occured I could bring the device to work by a hard reset. It also happened a few times that the laptop did not boot and a hard reset solved the problem of not booting and the not connected wireless module.

Now the device is gone again but a hard reset does not solve the problem anymore.

What's remarkable is that often before the problem occured I could surf the web intensively via WiFi then I closed the laptop cover (Hibernation mode is set) but when I waked it up again WiFi was gone.

The newest Intel driver for the device has been installed after an OS upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Also all other device drivers are up to date (checked via "Driver Booster 5").

From time to time there also was an automatic shut down by Windows.  Today I checked the Windows event viewer after this hapened:  An error occured for the Miniport "Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260, {6d2d1176-a230-4812-8344-79f9c595cedd}".  Incident: "Fatal error by change of the Miniports to the operational energy state." Event-ID: 10317 / Source: NDIS

Lenovo Support hotline sent me a tool to check all the hardware of the laptop. All checks passed with "ok".

So what's left as a recommended action from Lenovo hotline is to return to the original software installation state at delivery condition by pressing a reset button on the right side of the laptop.

I would be glad if anyone could tell if it's a software or hardware problem and a tip beside reinstalling the original image.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors