Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

12-29-2014

Lithuania

21 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 1 of 4

International warranty services for the Lenovo Ideapads are only local?

2015-03-31, 10:54 AM

Is the IWS warranty even working in this company? I have problems with my Yoga and I called to local (in europe) service center which said that they accept the laptops bought only in European countries (mine is from China but I live in Europe). 

The funny thing that I already used local services two months ago and everything was fine. So what happened during these months? Changed policy without announcing to customers? Burocracy? Or just ignorance of the IWS warranty? and the best question what is IWS is made for?

Moreover, they suggested me to search for contacts in support.lenovo.com where is said for information contact the closest local service center. Ridiculous? Hell yeah, but not funny. Laptop is 7-8 months old, cannot work with it, cannot fix it either, 

Suggestion - Buy a ticket to China and fix there. Good option, just for that price I could buy better and brand new laptop (not Lenovo for sure) and throw this one away.

Advice - People who are travelling a lot I wouldn't suggest buying this brand laptops because you will have a pain in the ass in case of something happens with your laptop. And as I said one day International warrant is working another is not. Hopefully tomorrow it will work in my case:) 

Cheers.

Options

8 Posts

12-29-2014

Lithuania

21 Signins

99 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: International warranty services for the Lenovo Ideapads are only local?

2015-03-31, 13:34 PM

Moreover, I have a crack in the screen which is not my fault as my laptop always on the table and never ever dropped,bumped or was close to the heating or cooling devices.  So the local services centre suggested me to buy the screen only  for 754 Euro and it is a deal for only me. Wow, I can buy a screen with the same price as I bought laptop almost year ago ( I bet a new Yoga 2 cost less than the screen). More I contact representatives less I want to have any deal with LENOVO, especially "Customer-Oriented" Award winning and more customer services. 

Options

3611 Posts

04-02-2014

Mexico

2546 Signins

40299 Page Views

• Views: 40299
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-03-31, 14:46 PM

Go to this page -

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup?tabName=Warranty

and click on International Warranty Services in the right side menu of the screen.

Select your laptop model and you will see if you are eligible or not.

You should call the authorized service center again and ask for a manager if the rep is unable to help you.

Here are the official contact numbers (select your country) -

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Options

8 Posts

12-29-2014

Lithuania

21 Signins

99 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2015-03-31, 15:03 PM

Thanks for the links. I already tried these and I know I am eligible since I already used this warranty 2 months ago in the same country. The point is that they clearly stated that IWS is eligible in their country only for those who bought laptops in Europe and have IWS. 

So or I should go to another country in Europe and try there (which from private messages worked well for some people), or I should go to the local repair centre (other than offcial Lenovo), fix it much cheaper and don't give a **bleep** about warranties since I cannot use them.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms