Options

1 Posts

09-28-2019

SE

13 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 1 of 1

Is Lenovo Yoga 530 AMD Ryzen 5 to weak for drawing? My new computer is sluggish and pen not useable

2019-09-28, 21:06 PM

I just bought a computer with following specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U radeon vega monile gfx, 8 GB RAM memory, 512 GB ssd hd.

Its better specs than my older computer but for a new computer it feels very slow.

I wanted to use the computer as a station for my drawings from my ipad, to sketch a bit and use it to watch tv and ordinary stuff

But programs like sketchable, Krita ´, Corel painter or Affinity Designer is painfully slow, often 10-20 seconds of software process not responding or programs closing down. Sometimes the pen stops working and all processes goes slowmo

Also downloaded some software on windows store that not even start. Twisted Brush pro for example. Or a program in windows store thats called "freehand painter".  They seem incompatible with the hardware and dont even start,   something i never experienced on my past computers.

I have double RAM memory and double disc space compared to my 5 year old Dell with i3 and 128 gb harddrive.

I thought the processor power is similar to i3, and more memory and disk space would make the Lenovo snappier.

Of course i have upgraded drivers, and windows updates etc. But there was problem with old version of radeon drivers or something. Also problem with the computer having to be hard rebooted after energy saving mode or sleep mode.

Support told me to do factory reset. But after the reset the computer is still sluggisg. The sleep-mode issue is gone.

--

Also the active pen NOT seems to work accepatble in any of the better painting software. The only exeption is the software "Concepts". The pen functions in the windows enviroment, pointing at windows, open menus and stuff - but when using pressure sensivity in paintings software on the canvas it stops working often. Krita dont work with active pen at all. But also windows10 specific software as Sketchable dont work very good. The same with software like Sketchbook, Corel painter, Paint tool sai and Affinity designer. The pen works for a minute or fuve, then stops responding, then pressure is gone, then its drawing lines when not pressed etc. Sometimes not resonding at all. Sometimes only responding in menus but not on canvas. Often the software freezes when used for drawing. Overall: Not useable.

Have searched for the problem without any ansver. Dont know if it would be better with active pen 2,  (the pen that come with the computer is active pen1) but i dont know,

I have to go back only using my old ipad for sketching, its far more snappier than my new computer.
My old computer with a wacom tablet worked better

Maybe I have misunderstood the specs, this computer is maybe only capable of browsing the web and watch videos with?
Is it to weak to be capable of lighter sketching i Affinity designer or Corel Draw?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save