Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PKenn
Paper Tape
Views: 179
Message 1 of 6

Issue with Keyboard Lenovo Yoga 2

My keyboard will not type on my Lenovo Yoga 2,  when I uninstall the driver and restart it does work, however, as soon as my laptop goes into sleep mode it does not work and I have to unistall and restart everytime.  It says I have the most up to date driver, any ideas? 

PKenn
Paper Tape
Views: 117
Message 2 of 6

Re: Issue with Keyboard Lenovo Yoga 2

I made sure the filter is off. Could this be a windows issue? Any ideas? It seems to be a driver issue of some form as it works when I uninstall and then restart, then goes bad again after it goes to sleep
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 98
Message 3 of 6

Can you please check the device manager if the keyboard still looks working fine ( without any ? on the device )

Also, please, check system logs for errors/warnings:

Right click my computer > Manage > Event viewer > Windows logs > System

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
PKenn
Paper Tape
Views: 86
Message 4 of 6

What do I look for in the device manager to tell if keyboard is working fine?  I see the keyboard driver which it says it the correct version and is what I have been uninstalling, rebooting and then it works (until it goes back to sleep).

There are errors and warnings in the log: Source is DistributedCOM and ID is 10016

Thanks for the help!

DaleRoss
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 81
Message 5 of 6

Saw this issue many times on my Yoga 2 Pro. You should try closing the screen and opening it back up. That will most of the time bring the keyboard back to use. I tried many things, best solution for me was to tell the unit to not go to sleep when plugged in.

PKenn
Paper Tape
Views: 58
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the reply, When I shut my screen it actually triggers the driver to stop working.  Wondering if I need to reinstall windows?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors