Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,632
Message 1 of 18

Issues with new C930

Bought the C930 recently and have been playing with it learn the features. I've run into a couple of issues so far and wondering if anyone has seen these and knows how to resolve them or if I'm doing something wrong.

1. Battery life at 4k seems quite short. I've only been using the browser and it seems I'm only getting about 4 hours or so before I have to recharge. That seems very short for battery life on this.
    1. I see there is a firmware update for the battery (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-C930-13IKB/81C4/81...) but when I go to unzip the file it's invalid. I've downloaded this file over various connections and on other PCs and having the same issue.
  2. Using the EQ with the Dolby Atmos Speaker System seems to do nothing with headphones (haven't tried with speaker bar yet - probably won't use it much). There is an option for headphone is the lower right corner but only Generic is the option and choosing model only offers Small, Medium or Large.
Maugha
SCSI Port
Views: 1,602
Message 2 of 18

Re: Issues with new C930

I got my C930 two weeks ago, so I may not be much help. I gave my old Yoga 720 to my son with a FHD screen and I have the 4K UHD on my C930. I have had the battery stayed charged all day--with many windows open and the brightness on the 100%. I checked out the download; but I have my computer set for automatic updates and so the firmware is already on my computer.

As far as I know from my old 730, the ATMOS is set for headphones to get the real surround sound from this unit. I don't have headphones--yet, need to buy a new pair. But the sound on this unit is out of this world.

Not much help, sorry!
SR14626
Core Memory
Views: 1,586
Message 3 of 18

This may take a few days to settle down for the battery to improve. Give it a few more days and see what happens. Your windows brightness will play a factor having it at 100%.
SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,572
Message 4 of 18

Have you attempted the battery f/w update?

I see there is a firmware update for the battery (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-C930-13IKB/81C4/81...) but when I go to unzip the file it's invalid. I've downloaded this file over various connections and on other PCs and having the same issue.

SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,571
Message 5 of 18

What about:

Using the EQ with the Dolby Atmos Speaker System seems to do nothing with headphones (haven't tried with speaker bar yet - probably won't use it much). There is an option for headphone is the lower right corner but only Generic is the option and choosing model only offers Small, Medium or Large.

SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,537
Message 6 of 18

As for the f/w update for the battery (from Lenovo's site [12/16/2018]) I unzipped it on my desktop PC (Win10 Pro) and then moved the .exe file over to the C930 (Win10 Home). On the C930 it said it was invalid when trying to extract. Odd. But I can unzip other files. Odd! Will update battery f/w when battery hits 100% charge (needs to be at least 80%).

Still wondering about:

Using the EQ with the Dolby Atmos Speaker System seems to do nothing with headphones. There is an option for headphone is the lower right corner but only Generic is the option and choosing model only offers Small, Medium or Large. Seems to work fine for the speaker bar.

knappster
Punch Card
Views: 1,454
Message 7 of 18

Can you advise where you downloaded the firmware update from?  I have tried on Windows 10 Pro, Windows 7 Pro, and an android phone, and none can open the zip file.  I have confirmed that the MD5 sum matches and I even downloaded the firmware file for the other type of battery and it is corrupt as well.  It seems that something is wrong with the files that they've uploaded for the battery firmware on C930-13IKB.

SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,414
Message 8 of 18

This is where I got the update: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/

Select the PC, Laptops option and then you can click on Detect Your Product or Detect My Serial Number so it can give you updates to  your specific laptop. Once that's complete click on Drivers and Software near the top of the page and then you should see a list down the left side of the page by category. Scroll down to Advanced Firmware. This may be where you got your update for this. I just found that I could unzip it on my Desktop PC. No idea why.

knappster
Punch Card
Views: 1,375
Message 9 of 18

If I follow your post, I get the following download link:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/yogac930_bat_cpt_201812.zip

When I download that file, it is corrupt and can't be unzipped.  Is anybody else able to unzip it?  I wonder if the file you unzipped on your desktop was a different download.

SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,358
Message 10 of 18

I think I may have downloaded it to my NAS from the laptop and then unzipped it with my desktop PC which runs Win10 Pro. The C930 is running Win10 Home. Not that that should matter.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors