Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eckhart
Paper Tape
Views: 1,542
Message 1 of 3

Keyboard Key Swap Questions?

I would like to swap key functions (Right Shift and Page Up) on my new Yoga 710. I have read the  posts on this forum regarding Smart Key, Keytweak, etc which allow the remapping of the Right Shift key to the Page Up location. If I am understanding correctly, however, it appears that when this remapping occurs one loses the Page Up/Scroll Up function. If anyone has remapped their keys, is this true? If so, is there a way to achieve a swap which maintains the Page Up function? 

eckhart
Paper Tape
Views: 1,503
Message 2 of 3

Re: Keyboard Key Swap Questions?

Answered my own question. For those who don't like the keyboard layout on the Yoga 710, the keys can be remapped using KeyTweak without losing the down arrow or other functions. I remapped the Right Shift to the Up Arrow Key, the Up Arrow to the Right Shift key, the Down Arrow to the Right Arrow, and the Right Arrow to the Down Arrow. This allows the Right Shift to be in a comfortable place, and moves the up and down scroll arrows to the far side, with the left and right arrows next to each other. Although you can undo anything you mess up with Key Tweak by clicking on the Restore All Defaults button, I would recommend that you create a Restore Point in Windows prior to attempting remapping just in case, since Key Tweak changes the Windows Registry and the Restore Point backs up your Registry prior to the changes made by Key Tweak. Now, do I have the guts to pop of the keys themselves to change them physically to match the remapping which I have done......

Highlighted
SA0804
Paper Tape
Views: 1,201
Message 3 of 3

Re: Keyboard Key Swap Questions?

Wonder if anyone would be willing to walk me through this change (PgUp key swap with right Shift).  I'm not secure at all figuring this out.  Have had an HP for several years and just bought Lenovo laptop and keyboard is really awkward.  I have Windows 10 which is new to me as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors