Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
N0mad
Not applicable
Views: 165
Message 1 of 4

Keyboard and touchpad not working after exiting sleep mode on Yoga 700

I would appreciate your help with a problem I am having with my Yoga 700.  

I put my laptop into sleep mode last night instead of turning it off.  When I turned it on again this morning, neither the touchpad nor the keyboard was working.  The touchscreen still works and so does a USB mouse.  The keyboard backlight still activates when I boot the laptop and the keys work fine in UEFI and on the blue Windows Recovery screen to access Safe Mode but neither works in Safe Mode itself. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but that has not worked. I tried a system restore but that has not worked.  I have also tried holding down the power button for 15+ seconds and restarting with the main power supply connected but that did not work either.

Any advice on what to do to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Jerry_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 132
Message 2 of 4

Re: Keyboard and touchpad not working after exiting sleep mode on Yoga 700

Hi N0mad!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Open the Lenovo Vantage app and run a system update. If the app is not installed, you can download it here https://vantage.lenovo.com/. This will keep the drivers and the BIOS of your computer up to date.

If the issues still persists, go to device manager and Power settings. Change the current setting to High Performance.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

N0mad
Not applicable
Views: 115
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Jerry.

I already have Vantage and I used some updates to help but that didn’t work and neither did high performance mode in power settings.

Things have now escalated to the dreaded Blue Screen of Death. I am now unable to restart or reset my laptop. Safe mode no longer works at all. All I get when I try to do anything is that there is a problem.  I was able to access BIOS and from there boot an old copy of Kubuntu on a flash drive to recover my data but neither mouse nor keyboard worked on Kubuntu either.

I don’t know what to do next. I’ve tried sfc/ scannow but that wouldn’t even run. I’d really appreciate any advice on what to do next.  Thanks.

Jwes_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 109
Message 4 of 4

Hi! We suggest you to bring it to any of our list of authorized service centers for further assistance. The list is here: https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6, filter the country. You can also call our support from this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/SupportPhoneList?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors