Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Markymark41
Paper Tape
Views: 240
Message 1 of 4

Keyboard sometimes not working correctly.

I have an Ideapad 700 15ISK . My keyboard dosen't acknowledge certain keys which is quite frustrating, such as the @ key but also others. I have to restart the laptop to correct this. Also, I have to press the NUM LOCK key in order to use the numberpad which seems the wrong way around.  Any suggestions?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 220
Message 2 of 4

Re: Keyboard sometimes not working correctly.

Hello and welcome to the forums. When you say: "my keyboard doesn't acknowledge certain keys which is quite frustrating, such as the @ key but also others", do you mean that nothing happens when you press the key, or do you mean that you press the key, and you get a different character from the one you expected? For example, pressing the @ key gives you the double quote character (") and vice versa?

And activating the NUM LOCK key in order to use numbers on the numberpad is the normal way - are you saying that it's the opposite way on your machine?

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Markymark41
Paper Tape
Views: 208
Message 3 of 4

When I press SHIFT and the @ key, it sometimes only brings up ' instead. I've also had various other keys not being activated.  Regarding the NUM LOCK my old pc did the opposite, so forget about that part.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 203
Message 4 of 4

Is it possible that you've got more than one keyboard layout defined in Windows? See this post:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-13isk-button-on-keyboard/m...

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Top Kudoed Authors