cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markymark41
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 1 of 4

Keyboard sometimes not working correctly.

I have an Ideapad 700 15ISK . My keyboard dosen't acknowledge certain keys which is quite frustrating, such as the @ key but also others. I have to restart the laptop to correct this. Also, I have to press the NUM LOCK key in order to use the numberpad which seems the wrong way around.  Any suggestions?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 222
Message 2 of 4

Re: Keyboard sometimes not working correctly.

Hello and welcome to the forums. When you say: "my keyboard doesn't acknowledge certain keys which is quite frustrating, such as the @ key but also others", do you mean that nothing happens when you press the key, or do you mean that you press the key, and you get a different character from the one you expected? For example, pressing the @ key gives you the double quote character (") and vice versa?

And activating the NUM LOCK key in order to use numbers on the numberpad is the normal way - are you saying that it's the opposite way on your machine?

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Highlighted
Markymark41
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 3 of 4

When I press SHIFT and the @ key, it sometimes only brings up ' instead. I've also had various other keys not being activated.  Regarding the NUM LOCK my old pc did the opposite, so forget about that part.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 205
Message 4 of 4

Is it possible that you've got more than one keyboard layout defined in Windows? See this post:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-13isk-button-on-keyboard/m...

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors