Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ignacio6517
Paper Tape
Views: 716
Message 1 of 2

LENOVO 710-11IKB Doesnt connect WIFI

My name is Ignacio Ciordia. I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I am writing to you about a laptop bought at your premises which has connection problems.

Last year, on October 31st, I bought a "2 in 1 Lenovo Yoga 710 Laptop" at the Best Buy Store Number 1028 in New York (44th and 5th NY).

That afternoon, I returned to Argentina, so I did not have time to test the product. I only had time to turn it on to verify that it turned on correctly and that the screen was fine.

In Argentina we tried to connect the laptop to the internet (wifi) without success.

The laptop shows "airplane mode" and "bluetooth" as the only possible connections.

It seems that the software does not recognize the network card.

We reinstalled the USB connection driver, but nothing happened.

We entered the official Lenovo website. We loaded the data of the laptop (Serial No.) to verify the warranty. On the page, we were informed that the equipment had an 18 month warranty but that the warranty was not international.

For this reason, I contacted the Lenovo Official Service in Argentina on the page (Techcom) to have my equipment diagnosed.

Techcom kept the equipment for a period of 6 months approximately. That is, from 14th December 2016 until 21st June ,2017.

On January 2Ist, I was informed that as a result of the diangnosis, it appeared that the wifi card did not work, that it was necessary to request the replacement to the US and to replace it.

On April 10th, I was informed that the plate was replaced and that the computer still did not connect to the internet, because they had detected that the antenna was also damaged, and they had to change the LCD Cover.

On June 21st, Techcom informed me that despite the fact that they had changed the two pieces mentioned above, the computer still did not connect to the Internet due to a fault detected on the motherboard. The company recommended that we should contact Lenovo USA to request a replacement of the equipment because the cost of replacing the motherboard was similar to the value of the product.

Given the facts above mentioned, we would like to be informed about the steps we should follow to have our equipment replaced by a brand-new flawless one. I bought the product with great enthusiasm and trusting in the brand I was buying and after 9 months, I still have not been able to use my new laptop.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Yours, sincerely,

Ignacio Ciordia

<email removed>

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Moderator note: email address removed to keep from the spambots.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 584
Message 2 of 2
Moved:

Re: LENOVO 710-11IKB Doesnt connect WIFI

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors