Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Santi10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,259
Message 1 of 19

LENOVO YOGA 530-14IKB TOUCH PAD NOT WORKING

Hello my name is Santiago. Today I tried to update my drivers using a third party software named "Driver Booster". As soon as I restarted my laptop I could notice that the touchpad was not working. As i didn´t create a restore point I restarted my computer back to factory settings in order to get rid of the drivers. But when the restart finished, the touchpad did not work either. I tried to look for touchpad drivers in the driver page of my computer but could not find any, in my settings I looked for touchpad and is nowhere to be seen, when I go to the hardware section of the mouse settings the box to enable touch pad isnt either, and lastly in my device manager in the sector of mouse & other pointing devices I can only see the driver of the Lenovo Pen Device. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Because I already ran of options that I found on the internet. Thanks For Your Time.

Nafees336
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,224
Message 2 of 19

Re: LENOVO YOGA 530-14IKB TOUCH PAD NOT WORKING

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. I think if you can restore your Pc it will work, or maybe you can visite Lenovo support page.

RAJ_2806
Token Ring
Views: 1,209
Message 3 of 19

Please refere to the support.lenovo.com website and proceed with " detect my system".

follow the instructions. once installation of LSB is completed, let the website automatically scan your device for drivers update.

it will update your device's driver.

if no solution is provided, pleae back up your data and restore your machine to its factory states. this will solve your problem.

always refere to Lenovo Website for Drivers updates

Santi10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,194
Message 4 of 19

Yes, I have already restarted my computer back to factory setting but touchpad still didnt work. I checked and updated drivesr through the lenovo support page but drivers that involved the touchpad weren’t installed. I look for synpatics touchpad drivers but there weren’t any for the model of my pc.

RAJ_2806
Token Ring
Views: 1,187
Message 5 of 19

Have you tried to download and install manually the Pen, Mouse and Keyboard driver (429MB)?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-530-14ikb/download...

Santi10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,177
Message 6 of 19

I saw that driver, I didn’t download because it said it was for Windows 10 S but I have Windows 10 Home version. I’ll try to download it when I get back home and let you know what happens. Thanks.

Santi10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,169
Message 7 of 19

I have downloaded that driver pack but there isnt any driver for the touchpadSin título.pngDrivers (429 MB)

Santi10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,165
Message 8 of 19

Here is a picture of my device manager. As you can see in the section of mouses and pointer, I only have the one that is for the Lenovo Pen Device but not the one for the touchpad. In the bios there isnt any option to enable the touchpad. As I already said, I have restarted my pc back to factory settings and ran the automatic driver update.

Sin título 2.png

Santi10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,168
Message 9 of 19

FIXED, i messed around the device manager and found that in the keyboard section I had two Lenovo Keyboard Devices and one that was not working because it failed to start (Error Code 10). I updated that conflictive driver by changing it to HI2 I2C Driver. After I did that touchpad started working as normally. Either way thank you all for your time, I aprecciate it. If anybody is having the same problem and wants me to explain it better just tell me. TIP: Do not use Third Party Software to update your laptop. In my customized PC I use them for more than a year and everything worked correctly but it seems that in laptops it can cause a lot of driver problems. Greetings from Argentina, Santiago

RAJ_2806
Token Ring
Views: 1,145
Message 10 of 19

Thats good to know..

Great job..

Take care

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors