Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-01-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 51 of 111

Re:LENOVO YOGA 720-15IKB Touch Screen not working

2021-05-01, 20:32 PM

This obviously isn't an isolated event. Mine included. why is this a problem for so many lenovo yoga 720s???? It's annoying I paid for a touch screen

Options

10 Posts

02-17-2017

United States of America

23 Signins

156 Page Views

• Views: 156
  • Message 52 of 111

2021-05-08, 17:35 PM

Dear Yoga Family

I also have a 720 that stopped touch screening last week. This was a week after I had to keep unit plugged in because it no longer has useful charge period.  I did the disable / able trick and it worked until automatic update.  tried restoring to an earlier restore point but that update ironically became the restore point.  I am tempted to try the uninstall device but I am not tech savvy, Has this worked? has the computer recognized new software upon reboot?

My question is to the Lenovo community moderators.  Is the battery issue and lack of touchscreen related IOW after 3 years does the machine no longer have the "juice" to operate adequately?  I am out of warrantee.

Please provide a downloadable solution because from earlier posts I agree and think that really this is software related because I  think this is a great machine until now this was otherwise a marvelous Laptop especially when I was able to  make zoom document shares easier to display,  (Actually Preferred it to my IPAD)

Thanks in advance.

Options

11213 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26893 Signins

589747 Page Views

• Views: 589747
  • Message 53 of 111

2021-05-10, 19:27 PM

@soontobemomof3 , @Big_Ed_400 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same symptom on your Yoga 720. Unfortunately, if the steps listed in this thread don't lead to the touchscreen working again, I'm afraid that the hardware of your laptop is faulty and the symptom would need to get further diagnosed and examined by our service technicians. In such case, I would strongly recommend to get in touch with our service.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

2 Posts

05-25-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 54 of 111

2021-05-25, 23:58 PM

Howdy folks!

I want to end the speculation...

THIS IS NOT A HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE ISSUE

I'm gonna repeat.

This is _NOT_ a hardware _OR_ software issue. This is a firmware issue. I'm 95% confident. Not Windows, not drivers, not severed cables.

How do I know?

(I have a Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB with this issue. Everything about this machine warms my heart - such a fantastic beast. Until now.)

All of these things have failed to restore ANY functionality, despite the device showing up and being detected and appearing fine.

1. Rollback driver

2. Manually flashed BIOS and Intel Management Engine firmware with latest (I cannot find any old versions :( )

3. Windows 10 EFI menus (since it's presented as a standard HID, the windows 10 EFI menus normally support the touchscreen)

4. Windows 10 Safe Mode

5. Fresh install of windows 10

6. Install Ubuntu Linux

7. Install Debian Linux

8. Tried EFI bootable Lenovo diagnostics

9. Fully disassembled the laptop and installed a new certified working digitizer controller board

10. Inspected cables and re-seated all connectors

Windows Update includes the occasional firmware update, and I suspect defective firmware is the cause.

The fact that Lenovo will not fix it is abhorrent. I suspect a single, serious might encourage them to fix their code, but such a would cost more than a new laptop.

I will _NOT_ purchase a Lenovo product again after this (unless they finally step up and fix it), so if by chance it was intentional - well that backfired :-P.

It's time to get mad. This is not OK. I'm tempted to waste the money on a just to teach them a lesson...

Admin Edit: Removed links in line with our community guidelines.

Options

10 Posts

02-17-2017

United States of America

23 Signins

156 Page Views

• Message 55 of 111

2021-05-26, 3:32 AM

Based on that posting I hate to give a potty training lesson but word to the wise...seems like a good time to remember SOP and to be safe and back up your stuff. 

I just bought a External hard drive and backed up the YOGA just in case.

Options

6 Posts

04-14-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 56 of 111

2021-05-28, 18:49 PM

The two links appear to be broken.  

Options

4 Posts

04-30-2021

Morocco

11 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 57 of 111

2021-05-28, 22:09 PM

Great job, I followed the same troubleshooting as you did, I wanted also to check it with a compatible Debian or Ubuntu but it seems useless since you already did it. 

Hopefully it s not on purpose, I won't buy another Lenovo untill a solution is not given. 

Options

10 Posts

02-17-2017

United States of America

23 Signins

156 Page Views

• Message 58 of 111

2021-05-28, 22:51 PM
  1. The battery no longer holds a charge, (Kept it at 60%)
  2. I need to now manually connect to wifi each time I use it.
  3. The touchscreen no longer works
  4. I never have taken this laptop out of my house.
  5. I am now forced to use an IPAD for zoom meetings
  6. The machine is 3 years old
  7. I am now backing up hard drive twice a week

I had over 15 years of professional use of rock solid professional lenovos before I retired.  The Best PC. I was brand loyal.  

very dissapointed in this "consumer" experience.  Cannot see putting good money after bad to fix a 3 year old lap top.

Honestly, I know Lenovo is better then this 

Moving on. 

Options

2 Posts

11-25-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 59 of 111

2021-05-29, 19:25 PM

Vainly tried to check back in to see if Lenovo has addressed this issue with the Yoga 720 series.  REALLY sad this company is doing NOTHING to address this issue.  Will NEVER buy a Lenovo product again, and wish there was a class action suite I could join.  During my professional life I had several IBM thinkpads, and then Lenovo that I loved, have bought 3 consumer Lenovo laptops for myself, and used to recommend them whenever I was asked.  Lenovo, your complete disdain for your customers means you lost another one, and I will warn everyone I can to never buy Lenovo again. 

Options

2 Posts

05-01-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 60 of 111

2021-05-30, 0:16 AM

My battery won't stay charged anymore either :(

We tried removing the touch screen driver and it didn't help

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)