Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-15-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 71 of 110

Re:LENOVO YOGA 720-15IKB Touch Screen not working

2021-07-16, 17:30 PM

Mine is a 121 KB but it all seems to be the same.

The computer was updated. 18 updates were installed

I went to the Device Manager and did a driver update and restart. touchscreen not working.

Disabled and reenabled the t/s. Still not working.

Uninstalled t/s and restarted. Still not working.

Properties says the device is working properly. not so.

Verified that F6 is in the right configuration.

DOS is "disk operating system"

Options

1 Posts

07-27-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 72 of 110

2021-07-27, 9:05 AM

I have suddenly just started getting this issue too. Nothing seems to fix it.

Options

3 Posts

07-29-2021

Spain

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 73 of 110

2021-07-29, 22:03 PM

@ CobyK wrote:

I wonder if anyone following this thread has actually gone and replaced their screen?

I got my screen replaced some months ago and it worked for a while. Unfortunately, after some months and a few Window updates it stopped working again (not sure what was the trigger, as it's not a feature I daily use). That's why I'm here again.

I think it's a hardware problem caused by faulty drivers. In the end, a driver is a piece of software that control the electronic of a hardware. A faulty driver may cause damage on the hardware if voltage is not properly controlled by the driver.

In order to see if it's only a software problem, anyone could try a live linux distro (for instance, Ubuntu) and comment if the touchscreen works or not. I will try to do that test and comment here the outputs.

Options

11201 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26890 Signins

589632 Page Views

• Views: 589632
  • Message 74 of 110

2021-08-02, 14:57 PM

Hi all,

as mentioned before, if you have tried to install a clean system and the touchscreen was still not working, it is certainly an issue with the hardware as mentioned in my previous post. In this case, please do not hesitate and reach out to our service to have your machine inspected and repaired by our technicians.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

6 Posts

04-14-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 75 of 110

2021-08-02, 15:12 PM

I'll ask again.  Has anyone ever gone through a screen replacement?  I'm pretty sure I'll never buy a Yoga again.  I may give Lenovo another chance with my next laptop but this experience has seriously dented my opinion  

Options

4 Posts

04-30-2021

Morocco

11 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 76 of 110

2021-08-02, 15:26 PM

Give us a low level tool (out of the system box) that checks the hw. We are not going to reinstall a fresh system each time  a device is not working. 

Options

8 Posts

06-20-2021

Belgium

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 77 of 110

2021-08-02, 19:11 PM

I actually sent my 2 months old Yoga Generation 6 to Lenovo for repair.

The screen stopped responding to touch input after a month or so (pen input works correctly).

Strangely, I noticed on some occasions that the touch was working again, when the laptop was very hot (for example when charging from low battery and performing heavy tasks at the same time). This was for me a possible indicator of a faulty connection.

I of course communicated all this info to Lenovo.

The pickup was arranged by Lenovo and my laptop was sent to Poland for repair. 

After a week or two the status was "waiting for spare parts" for days.

I contacted Lenovo and they were unable to tell me how many weeks (...) it could take for the spare to arrive. No information whatsoever on what test they performed or what diagnose they made, and no information either if this could be a known issue, if my input concerning the temperature influence was taken into account, nothing...

Since I was about to travel abroad for a long period I asked if they could send it back to my address in another country. Nope.

So, no information on the possible delay (could be months...) and no possibility to send to another address.

I had no other option than to ask to return the laptop unrepaired, what they did.

I must say that the local Lenovo support (Belgium in my case) did what they could, but clearly the internal procedures are so rigid that they cannot do a lot. They are not even allowed to call the repair center.

All in all an extremely disappointing experience, especially since I paid for extended support.

Given the number of people that seem to have this issue, I think Lenovo's attitude and silence about this is totally unacceptable.

I anyone would like to start some kind of class legal action against Lenovo in order to force them to provide a correct solution, I will be happy to join and to sponsor.

Options

3 Posts

07-29-2021

Spain

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 78 of 110

2021-08-02, 20:03 PM

I tried the Ubuntu live USB stick and I can confirm it's not working (it worked last time I tried when the touchscreen was still working on windows). 

I would say the driver update bricked somehow the hardware, but I don't have electronic background to confirm.

I was thinking about send it over to repair, but reading the prevoous comment, I don't want to wait weeks or months for a positive resolution.

Last time I had the problem, it was solved by replacing the faulty piece and with the extended warranty, a technician came to my home so the laptop didn't leave home. This extended warranty is already expired so the only option is send it over.

I'm not going to buy a Lenovo laptop anymore.

Options

5 Posts

06-16-2021

Canada

15 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 79 of 110

2021-08-03, 5:23 AM

So Juraj, you and Lenovo aren't going to take this situation seriously? It's unprecedented that this many people are having this problem regardless of what is causing the issue. Look at how many customers Lenovo has lost for good due to this negligence and support staff not taking the situation seriously.

This is a problem that should be rectified by Lenovo, regardless of what the problem is because it's abnormal for so many customers of any kind to have this problem on such a wide scale. Why should it be on thousands of us to cover the cost of sending it to a technician and having parts replaced, when by the sounds of these posts the software will brick the hardware within months again regardless?

Do something.

Options

2 Posts

08-05-2021

Australia

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 80 of 110

2021-08-05, 11:33 AM

Well Heck,

I wish I had seen this thread before I completely wiped my Laptop.

As suggested multiple times already, I too am having exactly the same issue and have tried all the previously mentioned "fixes" to no avail.

This is very frustrating.

I am in Australia and do not know what type of technical support is available here. My device is also out of warrantee and I am reserved to buy any extension of warrantee if it is unlikely to amount to anything.

This was a bloody expensive Device to have it not work as it was advertised it would.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms