Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-05-2021

Australia

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 81 of 111

Re:LENOVO YOGA 720-15IKB Touch Screen not working

2021-08-06, 5:27 AM

So I've just finished having a long winded conversation with Lenovo Support and the end message.

I should have done something when it was in warrantee when the problem first presented itself and so sad too bad.

That was basically the answer I got when I asked why Lenovo didn't/hasn't done a recall when this issue had been identified as being a global issue on Thousands of their devices more than 2yrs ago or arranged a standard resolution process.

They clearly don't care that they are selling a known faulty product and they have no integrity.

Options

8 Posts

06-20-2021

Belgium

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 82 of 111

2021-08-06, 12:32 PM

Well, my Yoga generation 6 is just 3 months old  now, so still in warranty. But despite that they don't seem to be able to supply a structural solution.

I'm consulting my legal assistance insurance to check if they would support a legal claim, because I don't buy this.

Admin Edit: Edited post in line with our community guidelines.

Options

8 Posts

06-20-2021

Belgium

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 83 of 111

2021-08-06, 12:59 PM

Well, I just received PM from moderator saying that my message violated the guidelines. I wasn't aware of that obviously.

That reaction was way quicker than any other reaction I received so far :-0

It is very concerning that a manufacturer seems to prefer to keep things silent in stead of coworking with the community to find a solution.

To be continued.

Options

11220 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26894 Signins

589837 Page Views

• Views: 589837
  • Message 84 of 111

2021-08-06, 13:13 PM

Hi Karel0017,

we have provided multiple troubleshooting steps in this discussion on the previous pages to narrow down the issue, not sure if you had a chance to review them. Unfortunately, none of them seem to solve the symptom, which I believe is a sign of faulty hardware, therefore we strongly recommend users to reach out to our service to have these units inspected and examined.

Also, I'm not sure if you noticed, but this discussion revolves around the Yoga 720-15IKB and not the 6th Gen TP Yoga, which might have a completely different root cause for this symptom than the model discussed here.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

8 Posts

06-20-2021

Belgium

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 85 of 111

2021-08-06, 13:46 PM

Hi Juraj, yes I noticed the initial post was concerning Yoga 720. but throughout the thread also people with other models popped up.

If you read through it in detail, you will also have noticed that not only the symptoms are completely alike regardless the model, but also that neither the troubleshooting steps (believe me, like most people I tried all of them), neither reaching out to Lenovo service provided a final solution.

So I would say that this looks like a structural problem that Lenovo needs to look into more thoroughly than they did so far.

Options

11220 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26894 Signins

589837 Page Views

• Message 86 of 111

2021-08-06, 18:59 PM

I just re-read through the whole discussion since you said that "neither reaching out to Lenovo service provided a final solution", which I didn't think was true and re-reading through the whole discussion just confirmed it. There are exactly 2 customers in this discussion who have reported that they have gotten their touch-screens replaced and the issue was gone afterwards. Unfortunately, after a few months they had experienced the issue again. So in contrary to your post, reaching out to service does indeed seem to have helped at least those two users.

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by saying "structural problem". If we're not able to solve the symptom over the forums through troubleshooting, it's necessary to get the failing units to identify the root cause of the issue - which needs to be done on-site or at repair by our technicians.

Juraj

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

6 Posts

04-14-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 87 of 111

2021-08-06, 19:12 PM

So, a couple of responses to this post.

1)  If, as your post says, "after a few months they had experienced the issue again", then, OBVIOUSLY the screen replacement was NOT the solution!  There is some underlying issue that is causing these failures.  Replacing the screen is (again OBVIOUSLY) treating the symptom and not the disease.

2) If Lenovo wants to get to the bottom of this big problem with this model, then it should allow people to send in their laptops for a FREE diagnostic review.  If the company is so sure that simply replacing the screen is the issue (which it pretty clearly is not), then they should replace the screen for free.  Plus, the turnaround should be made a high priority and not sit around a repair center for weeks or months, as has been reported.  

This is a major fail by the company, which has heretofore enjoyed a sterling reputation for quality.  I used to aggressively recommend Lenovos to friends and colleagues.  No more.  

Coby

Options

3 Posts

07-29-2021

Spain

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 88 of 111

2021-08-06, 20:15 PM

At first, I was very satisfy with my first incident resolution and I had a positive opinion of Lenovo. Unfortunately, with time I saw that the issue was not solved, as the laptop faced the issue again. Now that the warranty has expired, how should users proceed?

Options

11220 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26894 Signins

589837 Page Views

• Message 89 of 111

2021-08-06, 20:24 PM

@ CobyK wrote:

1)  If, as your post says, "after a few months they had experienced the issue again", then, OBVIOUSLY the screen replacement was NOT the solution!

How would it be not the solution if straight after replacing the screen everything was working again? I don't know what has happened to the system that the touch-screen failed again, after several months, and our technicians won't know either if the system isn't sent for an inspection.

@ dann41 wrote:

Now that the warranty has expired, how should users proceed?

Hi dann41,

even if your warranty has expired, you can still contact our service and send your machine in for a repair.

Best regards,

Juraj

_
_

Options

1 Posts

08-06-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 90 of 111

2021-08-06, 20:36 PM

I wish I would've found this earlier.  I wouldn't have paid so much for this touch screen device if I can't even use the touch screen capability.  I have the exact issue described below and I have done all that was suggested.  Still, my device doesn't work and it's still here under warranty.  Looks like I won't be going through this manufacture anymore when I have to upgrade to a new device.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)