Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leandrosz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,462
Message 1 of 2

LENOVO YOGA 720 PROBLEM - RESTARTING AND FREEZING

Hello Dears,

I purchased the Lenovo Yoga 720 15.6` and first time that I turned it on I had a problem.

The computer restarts every 3 minutes without reasion.

The screen freezes and restarts. follow exactly the problem in the picture attached.

ps. work normaly on Safe Mode ...

IMG_4910.JPG

the main problem, that Lenovo dont accept warranty in Brazil for this model and also they dont accept to receive it if is not inside USA. So, I have no options.. I spend a lot of money in one laptop that I cant use and also cant sent to warranty.

So, I am trying to do everything to fix it by myself.. 

I am really disappointed with Lenovo and support.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,433
Message 2 of 2

Re: LENOVO YOGA 720 PROBLEM - RESTARTING AND FREEZING

If it works in Safe Mode, it is almost certainly a device driver issue, and something you should be able to fix pretty easily by yourself, so I would first try uninstalling the driver for your Display Adapter, making sure to check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device" and then reboot.    

Doing so will force Windows to use the default video driver that is used in Safe Mode initially, and then it will download a new driver via Windows Update.   

How to uninstall Display Adapter

• Right-Click on Start
  • Select Device Manager
  • Left click on Display adapters
  • Right Click on your systems display adapter (Intel or Nvidia) and select Uninstall Device
  • Check the box to Delete the driver software for this device and press OK
  • Reboot if prompted.

If it is stable after doing so, go to http://pcsupport.lenovo.com, select the PC product family, choose the option to let it detect your systems serial number, and then run the System Update tool to update all of the drivers on your system.  

Note:   You can also manually download and install the drivers from the support site as well.

Hope that helps,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors