cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryaaker
Paper Tape
Views: 3,325
Message 1 of 5

Laptop is magnetic. I need 3 questions answered. Is there telephone support?

I have a few questions.

1. Why is the outside of my Yoga notebook magantized?

2. Why does it feel as if my notebook has an electrical charge?

3. Why did my photo thumbnails turn from a photo to an icon?

Guru
Views: 3,274
Message 2 of 5

Re: Laptop is magnetic. I need 3 questions answered. Is there telephone support?

I noticed the same. The outside is magnatized probably to hold the screen and bottom part together.

I also noticed that the bottom of the laptop is magnatized, where the speakers are located. Could be the magnet from the speakers? (not sure)

Notebook should not have electrical charge. Do you get static shocks?

Are you standing/walking/sitting on carpeted floor?

Unless you change the options in view the photo thumbnails should not change. You can go to View menu and change the view back to Medium Icons or thumbnails etc.

Let me know if the responses are not clear.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Flanimal
Token Ring
Views: 3,259
Message 3 of 5

Re: Laptop is magnetic. I need 3 questions answered. Is there telephone support?

I imagine the feeling of charge is caused by the vibrations due to the spinning hard disk drive in the machine, assuming it's not an SSD.

bryaaker
Paper Tape
Views: 3,230
Message 4 of 5

The feeling is definately NOT vibrations. It occurs EVERY time I hold this computer! It's either electrial or magnetic. Between this, the rapid fire clicking on the screen and Windows 10, I hate this notebook. A major pain in the ass.

Hashe_m
What's DOS?
Views: 1,508
Message 5 of 5

So what happened with you cause i have the same problem with feeling magnetic in my right hand all the time i'm using my yoga 13

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors