09-08-2020

GB

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Laptop stuck on Media Failure Cable

2020-09-09, 10:54 AM

My Lenovo Yoga 510 is stuck on a loop when the machine is switched on. I did have a Boot Manager Device missing problem which i resolved by going into the BIOS settting, but now the laptop is stuck on a loop of switching on, showing this black screen attached with Media test failure, and I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_20200909_115102.jpg
Options

723 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

77 Signins

4398 Page Views

• Views: 4398
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Laptop stuck on Media Failure Cable

2020-09-11, 8:44 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

i will suggest resetting the BIOS settings, which can be done the following way, , you need to push the tiny button located (Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com search with your serial number, then select pane "Knowledgebase and Guides" Then find the user manual and locate the Novo buttons placement in the manual),  

You can use, for example a paperclip to press it, after you have pressed the button, the laptop will power on, and present a small  

menu, use the arrow keys to select BIOS Setup, and press the enter key to select.

As soon as you get in there, look at the overview screen and see if your harddisk is mentioned, if not do the below:

Now use the arrow key right to go to the tab called "Exit" then use arrow down key to highlight "Load Default Settings", then press  

enter, and then use arow key up to highlight "Exit Saving Changes", press enter, then press enter again to aknowledge saving, now let  

the computer boot, and see if this changes anything.

If this does not help, then there is a big probability that your harddisk is dead.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

09-08-2020

GB

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-09-15, 10:18 AM
Okay thank you for your response. Just seen it a few days later. It seems that after I left the laptop alone for about an hour, it came out of the loop i described earlier and went to normal. Also to add, in the BIOS setup I can see my hard drive there. I'm having further problems by lots of different messages such as unexpected I/O error 0xc00000e9 messages and I cant seem to get out of it that either and occasional message saying Boot Device Missing. I've played around with these different settings on BIO Setup, but seems like none of it is working properly. Any assistance is much appreciated, thanks.
Options

723 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

77 Signins

4398 Page Views

• Views: 4398
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-09-16, 9:23 AM

I/O error 0xc00000e9 - this could be a big indication on issues with the harddisk, or the connection to the harddisk

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete