Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daviz
What's DOS?
Views: 349
Message 1 of 4

Laptop works only if adapter plug in

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask you how to solve problem with Yoga 500-14ISK (80R5).

My friend gave me the laptop with information that laptop doesnt charge the battery and works only when the adapter is plug in. When I turn on laptop for the first time, the indicator show that device is plug in and charging, but battery still stay on 0 percent capacity. I disassembled the laptop and found out that battery is under the minimal voltage (2,8 - 3,00). I revived every battery cell by external source. Finally laptop show the charged battery (70 percent), but still "plug in, charging" and battery wont charge (still 70 percent). I updated BIOS, all drivers, battery manager and finally the laptop start to charge the battery.

Now the battery is 100 percent charged, but there is still main problem, when I take off the adapter, the laptop suddenly turn off. I tried the all advice on the forum/youtube (take off CMOS battery etc.). I think that charging circuit and battery is OK. Can you please help me with this problem?

Thank you very much in advice.

PS: Sorry for my ENG Smiley Happy

Daviz

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 326
Message 2 of 4

Re: Laptop works only if adapter plug in

You say you've tried everything.. does that include uninstalling/reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI battery device under Device Manager? If so, then you might need a new battery or something in the charging circuitry is fried.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Daviz
What's DOS?
Views: 305
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, I tried to work with ACPI battery device under Device Manager. Uninstall and install again, but there is no change. Do you think that problem can be in charging circuit? Laptop charge battery to 100 percent :/

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 301
Message 4 of 4

I'd try replacing the battery, first.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors