Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SasKun
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 1 of 5

Lenevo yoga 720 is not recognizing transcend external HDD

Hi ALL

I am facing a problem with my external transcend 1 TB. This is not recognized by my brand new lenevo yoga 720. In the same USB port, i have wierless mouse which connect through USB device. The mouse is beeing recognized. But the external hard drive is getting recognized(one or two times it got recognized though, but most of the time not). The external HDD is recognized in my another laptop. This also proved that external HDD is working properly. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Saswata

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 474
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenevo yoga 720 is not recognizing transcend external HDD

At first glance, it would seem to me the external HDD may require more power than it's getting with the mouse also attached. Typical with external HDDs. Try connecting it with nothing else connected anywhere. Just your computer and the external HDD. If that works, then it's a power issue. I keep a Y cable and external battery in my go-bag just for this reason. And, yes, that can vary by computer. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
SasKun
Paper Tape
Views: 467
Message 3 of 5

I have connected only the external HDD with my laptop. There is no other device in between. My external hard drive has an indicator which indicates whether it is getting power or not. It glows when it is connected with the laptop.

Flanimal
Token Ring
Views: 464
Message 4 of 5

With your external HDD plugged in, try right clicking on the windows start button, choose Disk Management, identify the offending drive, right click it and assign a letter. 

SasKun
Paper Tape
Views: 461
Message 5 of 5

I tried that, but all the options are coming disabled.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors