Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tingxu1
Paper Tape
Views: 7,599
Message 1 of 11

Lenova Yoga 2 Pro Keyboard not working

I just bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro and installed windows 8.1 by itsef. During Windows 8.1 initial setup I was able to use keyboard to type in PC Name, but after that the keyboard and touch pad was not working/no any response any more. After Windows 8.1 lunched the keyboard also no any response. I have to use touch screen soft keyboard. But when laptop in BIOS mode (turn power off and press a small round button next to power button) the keyboard was working fine. So I think that the keyboard hardware is ok, but some thing iwas wrong with Windows 8.1 software issue. I also un-selected all on Easy of Access->Keyboard section in Windows 8.1. Did anyone has same experience and know how to resolve this problem? Thanks a lot!

wilkster
802.11n
Views: 7,562
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lenova Yoga 2 Pro Keyboard not working

Sounds like the laptop is thinking you are in tablet mode and the keyboard/touchpad are being disabled. Try moving the screen into tablet mode and back. See if that fixes it. You can also try to run an update on the Lenovo Transition software (it is currently at version 2.0.13.8221). This is done from the About tab of the software (when you run it from the start/search box).

leoyuan
Paper Tape
Views: 7,526
Message 3 of 11

I ran into the same type of problem several times. Now I updated the Lenovo transition software and hope it will fix this problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

Why can Lenovo software update itself?

tingxu1
Paper Tape
Views: 7,509
Message 4 of 11

I updated Lenovo Transition software but problem was still there. I stopped "ymc" service from Control Panel->Loca Services and keyboard was back to work! Remeber need to set "ymc" service Startup type to disabled so that the keyboard will continue to work after reboot.

LoveHumanity
What's DOS?
Views: 4,899
Message 5 of 11

My 13 year old daughter fixed this problem for me. Please click on right 'SHIFT' Key for 8 seconds.

I fall in love with this Laptop Yoga 2 since I bought this in 2014. Suddenly the Keyboard stopped working and wasted my entire day doing all king of things uninstalling windows 10 and reset to Factory default, nothing worked. I called Lenova Support unfortunately they also did not help, and thought it is a Hardware issue. I was disappointed to depart and abandon Lenova Laptop which I preffered over Apple, and have to suck-it in and was about to buy Apple. I am Thankful to my daughter who helped with this fix, though I am the one who work 12 hours on computer.

Life is such,, you get help from you expect the least.

bbarnes00
Paper Tape
Views: 3,924
Message 6 of 11

what is the ymc service?
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,908
Message 7 of 11

@bbarnes00 wrote:
what is the ymc service?

It stands for Yoga Mode Control. Basically, it's the service that monitors which physical mode (Laptop, Tablet, Tent or Presentation) is in and disables the keyboard and touchpad if the Yoga is not in Laptop mode.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

bbarnes00
Paper Tape
Views: 3,905
Message 8 of 11

I have a yoga 14 thinkpad any idea where I can go to turn off YMC? I've looked for hours no luck 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,902
Message 9 of 11

@bbarnes00 wrote:

I have a yoga 14 thinkpad any idea where I can go to turn off YMC? I've looked for hours no luck 

It's a Windows Service, so right-click on Start, choose Computer Management, and then go to the Services and Applications/Services entry.

However, unless you only ever use your Yoga in Laptop mode, it's probably not a good idea to disable the service...

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Tony245
Paper Tape
Views: 1,998
Message 10 of 11

Hello guys. it seems like I have a similar problem.

My keyboard doesn't work at all.

When in bios mode the keyboard is working only one touch out of 5 times. (or if I left my finger on one letter it would take 4-5 secondes for a letter to appear on the screen) SO I guess it's working but weirdly.

I did disabled the ymc. After that, I got the same behaviour I had in BIOS mode but at least now it's when windows is open.

I changed my physical keyboard by myself but i have same problem... so it's really from the computer. (btw when I change the keyboard, It worked perfectly until I closed my laptop and opened it again.

Maybe I should unplug the keyboard like I did and do it again. now that my ymc is disabled!...

Thanks for your help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors