Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-09-2016

Israel

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo 700 advice before purchase

2016-01-09, 20:00 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm contemplating on buying a Lenovo Yoga 700, but I have a few concerns due to the computer not being available for display anywhere in my area.

I'd appreciate if anyone could provide me some feedback regarding the following:
1) The build quality/general feel of the computer - I haven't seen many comments about it in reviews. Does it feel like high quality material, or cheap? (I'm skipping the Dell Inspiron 7000 mainly due to its rubbery material)

2) The level of reflection on the screen - I've seen some negative comments about it, but is it actually bad in comparison to other mid-range laptops? Is it still possible to use it in a well lit environment? (even if it's not optimal)

Thanks!
Answer
Options

1 Posts

01-10-2016

Medfield, MA

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37

Re: Lenovo 700 advice before purchase

2016-01-10, 19:16 PM

Hi Kaiser1

I have been using the Yoga 700 14 for 3 weeks now.  I purchased this as a work computer from Best Buy specifically for the combo of overall unit size, display, processor, and the SSD.  The finish of the device is pretty basic but I wouldn't call it rubbery and I really like the display haven't noticed any reflection issues.  Battery life has been very good and the speed with the SSD is great.

The two primary negatives I have had is that the hinge feels like it needs a little too much force to manipulate the monitor.  The other is my own fault in my evaluation process I somehow missed that this computer does not have an Ethernet port.  I can solve this with a usb adapter but not looking forward to buying something I don't really want to use and with only two usb port connectivity is a little tight.

The display driver issue was a little bit of a headache but it seems like the updated Intel driver has fixed it.

Replies(4)
Answer
Options

1 Posts

01-10-2016

Medfield, MA

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 2 of 5

2016-01-10, 19:16 PM

Hi Kaiser1

I have been using the Yoga 700 14 for 3 weeks now.  I purchased this as a work computer from Best Buy specifically for the combo of overall unit size, display, processor, and the SSD.  The finish of the device is pretty basic but I wouldn't call it rubbery and I really like the display haven't noticed any reflection issues.  Battery life has been very good and the speed with the SSD is great.

The two primary negatives I have had is that the hinge feels like it needs a little too much force to manipulate the monitor.  The other is my own fault in my evaluation process I somehow missed that this computer does not have an Ethernet port.  I can solve this with a usb adapter but not looking forward to buying something I don't really want to use and with only two usb port connectivity is a little tight.

The display driver issue was a little bit of a headache but it seems like the updated Intel driver has fixed it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

14 Posts

01-04-2016

UK

15 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 3 of 5

2016-01-10, 19:37 PM

Hi i have a 700 14" brought this week am using win 10 build 11082 and have all the screen resolutions.

These also work for Belkin port replicator

its a great lap top i love it !!

Options

14 Posts

01-04-2016

UK

15 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 4 of 5

2016-01-10, 19:40 PM

Hi I have a 700 14" which is one week old with build 11082 and it has all the screen resolutions

This also works on a belkin port replicator

its a great lap top

Options

3 Posts

01-09-2016

Israel

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 5 of 5

2016-01-11, 0:00 AM

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!
I've ordered the laptop.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)