Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarvelouslyPosh
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo 710 squeaks when charging, crooked hinge

My Lenovo 710, intel i5 8gb RAM version has an extremely irritating problem in that it emits a high pitched noise from the left side of the chasis (opposite to the charging port) when charging and powered off. The noise is very high pitched, so much so that it almost tops my hearing limit. (I am 20 years old.) It only occurs when the laptop is off and charging, and occurs regardless of the battery %. I am certain that the noise is coming from the left side of the computer, and not the actual wall wart itself. I am using the charger that came with my brother's old Lenovo 710 pentium laptop, but since the amperage and voltage output seem to be a same, I don't imagine that it's the cause of the problem.

Secondly, the right hinge on my computer is crooked. Not sure why, not sure how, but it is. It doesn't seem to affect anything, as my computer still folds and closes properly without any noticeable deformities. Not a big problem, but somewhat irritating.

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your duplicate(s) have been removed. Thanks !

MarvelouslyPosh
Paper Tape
Views: 298
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo 710 squeaks when charging, crooked hinge

The high pitched sound is also preset when the computer is still on but with the lid closed, but the volume is much, much smaller.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors