Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-29-2016

Spain

10 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo 710s screen does not work

2018-03-22, 19:13 PM

So, yesterday the laptop was working fine hardware-wise, it was giving problems every once in a while where the computer froze for a couple seconds and the screen went black, and Firefox glitched out once, but it was fine other than that. I attributed this to graphics driver errors, and intended on reinstalling Windows soon.

So fast forward to last night, I watched a movie without issues on the laptop, closed the lid and left it overnight.

I take it to class this morning, I open it, and the keyboard and power light are lit up, but the screen is pitch black and won't turn on.

I turn it on and off and so on, but nothing. I turn it off, and I connect it to an external monitor, and the external monitor works just fine. I've uninstalled drivers, rebooted the system, updated the BIOS and checked for missing system files to no avail, Windows does not recognize the internal monitor.

What course of action should I follow?

Answer
Options

5 Posts

12-29-2016

Spain

10 Signins

65 Page Views

Re: Lenovo 710s screen does not work

2018-03-28, 8:31 AM

While connected to an external screen, I deleted both the Intel Graphics Driver and the Generic PnP monitor driver from the device manager, and upon reboot the screen worked!

Replies(2)
Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 3

2018-03-26, 15:27 PM

Hello Elfotografo

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

If windows does not see the built in screen, sounds like the issue may be with a connection perhaps.

I would recommend that, if you're able to using the external screen, then attempt a factory reset, this would rule out any software issue with the unit, if the issue persists after that, then it will be a hardware problem.

Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine

1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. On a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Answer
Options

5 Posts

12-29-2016

Spain

10 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

2018-03-28, 8:31 AM

While connected to an external screen, I deleted both the Intel Graphics Driver and the Generic PnP monitor driver from the device manager, and upon reboot the screen worked!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms