01-30-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo 720 Touchpad click problem

2020-01-30, 4:03 AM

Hello, I have a Lenovo 720 and very suddenly the touchpad had stopped clicking. I can still use the touchpad to scroll and move the cursor, however I have to tap to click on something. There is no clicking sound nor action performed when I press down on the touchpad.

My touchpad is enabled, as I said I can still move the cursor. I would have liked to open it and see for myself if something was wrong on the inside, but quite frankly, I am afraid my inexperience in this area may lead to my laptop’s death.

I have not done a full reset as I don’t want to do it unless I’m sure that’s what is required. I did restart the system a few times but nothing changed.

Options

733 Posts

08-02-2018

US

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo 720 Touchpad click problem

2020-01-30, 13:01 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Does the left and right click works or only the tap function? When was the last time that it worked? Were there any changes or updates prior to the issue? 

Let us try uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad driver and update the BIOS.

You may follow the steps below.

- Open device manager

- Expand mice and other posting device

- Uninstall touchpad driver (check delete software driver if prompted)

- Restart the laptop

- Go to Lenovo Support Website to download the updated touchpad driver and BIOS

Update us how it goes.

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete