Message 1 of 6

Lenovo 900 Yoga Windows 10 Creator Update USB failure

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 438
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo 900 Yoga Windows 10 Creator Update USB failure

Good day and welcome to the community.

It would be useful for other members if you'd provide more information (steps you've tried, prior state of the machine, any error messages, etc), otherwise it will be difficult for the community to assist you.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

devoncatt
Paper Tape
Views: 433
Message 3 of 6

• Windows 10 Insider Preview 16299.15 (rs3_release), I noticed a while after install that my USB backup drive failed to connect and my usb to ehternet adapter failed. I assumed it was a failure of the device not the creators update. But googing has shown a know problem. There are no error messages Troubleshooting the all of the USB devices show either no problems or unknown problems. One online suggestion was to reinstall usb drivers- Windws said alreeady hav ehte latest driver. Another said a registry corruption but no solution.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 417
Message 4 of 6

One of the problems with running Insider Previews is that  manufacturers may have not yet created updated drivers for the devices used in your system.   If the problem only exists within the insider preview build(s), your should post the problems you are seeing in the Insider program's feeback hub so they can get that resolved before the public release.

Cheers,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 340
Message 5 of 6

Hi devoncatt,

I agree with JDGillis. Please report this via the feedback hub or at least post on Microsoft's forums so Microsoft can address this ASAP. The Fall Creators Update is only a couple of days away. We don't want other Yoga 900's to have the same problem.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

devoncatt
Paper Tape
Views: 324
Message 6 of 6

I have reported it to Microsoft feedback but I still would like an updated driver. I have run these updates for years and this is the first time I have had a problem. This has been a problem reported off and on since early 2016, I first thought it was a failure of my laptop. I am using the slower ring not the more experimental ring Lenovo should have updated drivers because  The Creators update was scheduled to be released in late September. Microsoft does not have a procedure to roll back all the way to the stable track. Removing myself will only leave me stuck without workable USB.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors