Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peterbh
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo 910 Trackpad not working on windows 10

I just recently bought the lenovo 910 ultrabook from best buy and ive knowticed that that trackpad works when it wants to, ive tried updateing drivers through windows. but when i look on leneovo support i cannot find the specific drive for the track pad if anyone could help direct me to it

Guru
Views: 132
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo 910 Trackpad not working on windows 10

Lenovo refers to it as a "touch pad," not track pad. That's how it'll show up in Device Manager. But, forget that for the moment.  To make everything easier, go to the Windows Store and search for Lenovo Vantage. Download and install. It'll locate and update all the appropriate drivers. It may or may not update your BIOS. If it doesn't, go to the support download page, enter your model and look there. 2JCN39WW is the most current BIOS version. Create a system restore point and back up the 910 before doing anything. 

Do all of that, reboot, then come back here if you still have an issue and we'll try to figure it out. I have a 910 with no touchpad or touchscreen issues. Happy to use it to help you.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Peterbh
Paper Tape
Views: 109
Message 3 of 4

Ive already done all that, and the bios was already at the current version. "touch pad" sometimes works and sometimes just dissapears 

Guru
Views: 101
Message 4 of 4

By "disappears," do you mean it vanishes from Device Manager?

Two things to try. Go to Device Manager, expand Human Interface Devices, right click on "HID compliant touch pad" and select "uninstall." Reboot. Windows should find it and re-install it.

If that doesn't work, boot into Safe Mode and see if it's still intermittent. If it still comes and goes, the ribbon cable attaching the touchpad module to the motherboard may need reseating. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors