Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zeppi
Paper Tape
Views: 756
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo 910 Yoga-5K upgrade to Windows 10 pro

Hi 

I have recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 910 -5K and preloaded with Windows 10 Home. I need to upgrade to Pro for business needs and have read some concerns about functionality not working after upgrade. 

I have not yet unboxed, and want to do this correctly from the start. Can you provide a step by step process to do clean install and avoid loss of apps or tablet use. I had in the past previously upgraded 8.1 to pro on another machine but not from start and also lost use of windows apps - another reason for upgrading my entire computer. 

Do do not wish to have any initial problems. Hope you can help? 

Thanks 

Zeppi

virtorio
Token Ring
Views: 705
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo 910 Yoga-5K upgrade to Windows 10 pro

Why do you want to full reinstall? You can upgrade to Pro in Settings -> System -> About and clicking "Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows". If you already have a product key you can enter it there, otherwise you can buy the upgrade directly from the Microsoft Store. I've changed Home to Pro on a number of machines and have never encountered any problems.
Zeppi
Paper Tape
Views: 696
Message 3 of 5

I am pleased to hear, it is my experience when I upgraded my last machine I lost windows functions and have read about others having similar troubles with 10 pro. I just don’t want this new unit to have features rendered useless cos something went wrong! 

virtorio
Token Ring
Views: 685
Message 4 of 5

If you do have problems, you can download the Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft (that creates installation media on a (for example) USB flash drive) so you can install fresh copy of Windows on your machine, and download all the drivers for your machine from the Lenovo Support page.
Zeppi
Paper Tape
Views: 681
Message 5 of 5

Thanks again, I really hope this time will be just as you say as I am quite excited to use this machine for work and play! The last time I did upgrade after a number of programs and files had already been on so may have upset the order of things and would have benefited from starting over but was too hard. Thanks for the advice.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors