US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo C930 Not Charging

2020-01-19, 2:05 AM

Hello,

This morning the laptop had not charged over night.  Then the battery completely drained even though it was plugged in.  I went through all the recommended I could find on-line and nothing works:

- Tried different charger

- Uninstalled the MS ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery

- Updated all drivers and the BIOS

- Ran a few Lenovo diagnostics that show that the battery is in good health, but it is still at 0%

- Held the power button down for over 30 seconds etc.

- Restarted the laptop a few dozen times in the process

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Options

2244 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3308 Signins

40110 Page Views

• Views: 40110
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo C930 Not Charging

2020-01-19, 4:01 AM

If it's possible, I would recommend opening the bottom panel of the laptop, disconnecting the battery, then holding down the power button for 30 seconds.  If this doesn't work, it's most likely a defect on the charging board.  

Here's some more info on parts removal: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT505031

Hope that helps

Best,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelinesbefore posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save