Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james3641
What's DOS?
Views: 2,848
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Flex 10 - 32bit Bios Problem

Hello All, i was wondering if anyone can help.

Have bought a Flex 10 from Oman and am looking to install windows 8 64bit OS on it. However the bios boot manager doesn't recognize any 64bit OS install attempt, be it with a CD Drive or USB stick. If i try and use a 32 bit version of windows it comes up and i can install as normal. I have also noticed that the bios says 32bit bios even though the processor is 64bit? Is there 2 different types of bios?

thanks James

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,829
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Flex 10 - 32bit Bios Problem

Does your BIOS have a setting for HPET? If so, try setting it to 64 bit if not already set.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
james3641
What's DOS?
Views: 2,823
Message 3 of 5

That setting isn't there. The bios is very basic.
Not sure what else I can do, maybe they will bring out another bios.
Wintermute
Token Ring
Views: 2,814
Message 4 of 5

Interesting subject.

I suppose my Miix 2 (BayTrail platform too) would behave similarly. I don't have particular desire to run 64bit OS on that small boy though, no reason doing that with only 2GB RAM (actually 1.9GB). Flex would be in similar position if i am not mistaken as it comes with 2GB and 4GB variants. Going try to boot Win 8.1 64 bit installer on Miix 2 to see what happens (i know 32 bit one boots ok).

Provided BIOS/UEFI is really stripped down Phoenix with basically no options except secure boot, date/time and some minors. It's colorful and animated though (sigh). I wonder if there is some form of secret advanced option menu accessible somehow. Anynone knows? Cetain competition products provide richer configuration possibilities via UEFI out of box.

Wintermute
Token Ring
Views: 2,802
Message 5 of 5

Okay, Miix 2 refuses to boot 64bit Windows as well. While I don't intend to actually install 64bit Windows on it, not being able to boot i.e. portable Windows 8 To Go 64bit due to artificial limitation is not particularly pleasant. 99% of owners won't care about it though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors