cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anrameg
Paper Tape
Views: 116
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Flex 14 Ideapad YMC.exe Lenovo Yoga Mode Constant high CPU Usage from 25% to 37% ?

Hi everyone. I can see that people with other similar style Lenovo laptops (Yoga 900) complain about the same issue so was wondering if there is a solution or an optimized version of this software. I did an update of the BIOS and the Power Management driver and still a constant power usage.  Once the laptop is flipped the YMC detects it and turns off the keyboard functionality to prevent accidental presses and that is pretty much all until it flipped back and enabled. And all of this requires a constant high CPU usage? Any help would be highly appreciated. I also tried rolling back to older drivers without luck in decreasing this CPU hog usage. To put such load on a i5 6th gen CPU really implies an inferior service integration....

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

thrazor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 82
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Flex 14 Ideapad YMC.exe Lenovo Yoga Mode Constant high CPU Usage from 25% to 37% ?

I have encountered the same issue, even after two updates of the software. I really don't have a clue who is leading the developement arm of Lenovo but they really need to be introduced to this things such ar user testing. I know that it could be a very alien concept to them but at least they should stop releasing updates until they get their stuff togheter.

To cut it short you can completly disable the service because it doesn't bring any benefits. To do that follow the steps: 

1. Hit Windows Key+ Q and type "Services".

2. Look for the process YMC.exe in the list, double click and choose "Disable" in the drop-down menu titled startup-type.

3. Restart
LEqTUU3

anrameg
Paper Tape
Views: 72
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Flex 14 Ideapad YMC.exe Lenovo Yoga Mode Constant high CPU Usage from 25% to 37% ?

Thanks for the suggestion but I rely on this service as I use the laptop in tablet mode when I go to bed and this service disables the keyboard input. I could just create two bat files with stop /start ymc service commands I guess... 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors