Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yydelilah
Paper Tape
Views: 592
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Flex 15 - Driver updates

Can someone from Lenovo confirm if updating the drivers on my Flex 15 from the Windows Device Manager, using the "automagic" (Install the software automatically) search and update facility actually find the lastest drivers for my notebook -  or do I have to search through the Lenovo website for individual updates?

Hopefully it's the former, but the device driver info on the Lenovo Support web pages left me a bit confused.

thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 563
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Flex 15 - Driver updates

The Automagic search in Windows is a WQHL driver to ensure you are not left driverless. It does not connect to Lenovo's servers to check for updates.

I personally go to the different vendor pages to get the latest drivers (Intel, nVidia, Realtek, etc), however, this is not for the average user.

To make it easier, don't worry too much about updating drivers. There's a great philosophy followed by farmers:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Drivers are like that. Is there a specific driver issue I can help you with?

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
yydelilah
Paper Tape
Views: 556
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Flex 15 - Driver updates

There's the rub. My new Flex 15 (i5 4200u) notebook keeps falling over with "driver_power_state_failure".

I've gone through the process of checking all the drivers through the Device Manager (Windows 8.1) and it still persists. Just wondered if anyone has any clues as to what causes this, and if Lenovo are aware?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors