Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-20-2015

Slovakia

4 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 2 13 Orange FAN makes noise

2015-03-20, 8:04 AM

Hi , i have this labtop , and it is really annoying , when FAN makes noise constantly. Temperature is normal between 40-50 Celzius degrees.  Everything is updated (bios, drivers etc) , and when i start the computer, it starts to make noise, and if i open some tabs in web browser , so noise just increases like i were playing BF4 with ultra details or something like that. Please help me,  is this  "normal" for this labtop (in that case i will return it back to shop) or it is just broken one or can i do something for solution.  Thank you for advice 

Options

1 Posts

03-20-2015

Germany

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 2 13 Orange FAN makes noise

2015-03-20, 11:46 AM

Hi,

I bought this Laptop 2 days ago and this is indeed annoying! I had a 12 years old Acer and a new i7 Lenovo, and both are completly silent. Sometimes when the CPU is working, like compiling code, it could happen that the fan starts working, otherwise they are off.

But the Yoga 2 13, the fan is working all the time? Why Lenovo?

I assume that if there is no software solution for it, it might be the usage of wrong hardware or maybe the hardware architecture is wrong, why the fan is always on.

@Lenovo

Come on, please fix it or tell us the reason!

Options

3 Posts

03-20-2015

Slovakia

4 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-03-20, 18:18 PM

did someone solve this problem?  ever? 

Options

7 Posts

09-26-2015

Austria

3 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-09-27, 10:21 AM

I know the thread is over half a year old now but anyway:

Heating and fan noise seems to be a general issue with the yoga 2 13. The fans are always on and temeratures get high(>60°C) very easily resulting in louder fan noise.

This is not a malfunction only a result of poor thermal design. The only way to get the fan to shut off completely is by using Notebook Fan Control(NFC). You will find all necessary info in this thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-13-non-Pro-Incredibly-loud-and-rumbling-fan-noise/m-p/1502288/highlight/true#M27406 on the last couple of pages.

I've tried the programm and it works fine, however, I've decided not to use it since under low temeratures the fan noise isn't annoying and under high temperatures it is necessary.

With NFC you can set your fan to kick in at whatever temp you like but if you set it to kick in at lets say 60°C it will kick in very loudly as you can not control the fan speed, only the temp at which it kicks in. As a result it will reach 60°C even faster due to not cooling before and go back and forth between being completely silent and very loud which was no solution for me.

If however the fan is abnormally loud even at low temperatures(mine is very silent, you only hear the air flow not really the spin) NFC might be helpful, although I would consider sending it in in that case if you still have warranty.

cheers

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms