Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IulianMaria
Fanfold Paper
Views: 95
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo L380 Yoga BIOS blocked with password by itself

Hi!

I bought last week a Lenovo L380 Yoga. When i received it first thing I entered BIOS Setup, and it was fine, it was asking me for password but it worked with just an Enter. 

In the meantime I setup fingerprint and password in Windows... After that I tried to enter in BIOS but i can't, because it prompts me to enter password, and it doesn't work anymore with just pressing enter. I tried with the password I set in Windows, but wouldn't work as well.

I then deactivated any windows password or fingerprint, but i still can't access BIOS. 

I found other peoples with similar problem, so I'm not the only one.

Just to make it clear, there is no way I could set up a bios password by mistake, and nobody else touched the laptop, so this is not a possibility.

Any ideea why this happened to me, as well as to other people? What are my options now? 

Laptop is still in warranty until  2022 I think...

Thank you!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 86
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo L380 Yoga BIOS blocked with password by itself

If you didn't set the password, the person you bought it from did.  The password cannot set itself.  Return it.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
IulianMaria
Fanfold Paper
Views: 84
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo L380 Yoga BIOS blocked with password by itself

Thank you for the answer. 

As I said I was able to enter bios by just pressing enter, then suddenly didn't work anymore.

I've seen the same answer to other people's, that is not possible but well, it's possible. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors