cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hack3rcon
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,035
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo S100 not have enough space for Update Windows 10.

Hello.

I bought a Lenovo S100 and it just has 32GB hard drive, I can't update Windows because it need more space!!! Why Lenovo product this model and not thinking about the future?

Tnx.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,001
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo S100 not have enough space for Update Windows 10.

Just a clarification on the model number you own.  Is it a Lenovo 100S by chance?  Thanks !

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,987
Message 3 of 4

You  may be able to use external storage - SD card, flash drive, HDD - to provide extra space during the upgrade.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3083324/windows/installing-windows-10-what-to-do-when-there-s-not-eno...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

AntH1
Paper Tape
Views: 832
Message 4 of 4

I have a similar problem. I bought an Ideapad 110S in January with a 32 GB hard drive with WIndows 10 pre-installed, I have added a 64 GB SD card, but I don't know how to configure the laptop to use the SD Card instead of the hard drive. I have uninstalled all the applications I installed (except Chrome, because it insists I close all Chrome tabs, even though I don't have anything open), as well as a number of default applications. But it it still does not free up enough space. There is basically only the operating system and the downloaded update files on the hard drive, and not enough space to complete the Windows updates.

I got excited when I saw the PC World article, but that option to use an external hard drive does not seem to be offered for updates, only for initial installation.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors