Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imperator87
Paper Tape
Views: 400
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo S730-13IWL - 30% of top trackpad area won't click

Hello, I bought Lenovo S730-13IWL few hours ago. Set it up, install latest updates and drivers, but i used before a macbook where is whole area of trackpad clickable.

There 30% top area of trackpad wont click - tap is ok. It is a hardware issue or is it normal ? 

Thanks.

EDIT : I found a similar post : https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Hard-to-click-on-trackpad/td-p/3966525

Seems to be "solved".

I searched and probably no one in "windows" world offer a "all clickable" touchpad.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 343
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo S730-13IWL - 30% of top trackpad area won't click

Hey there, Imperator87! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

Please try opening the Lenovo vantage app https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6&Source=social_eservic... and check for a system update, then install them all. After that, test the touchpad/trackpad again. 

In addition, try exploring the touchpad/trackpad settings https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/videos/vid500010?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6&Source=social_eservices... and check if there is a settings that can fix the issue of it. Update us back with the outcome. 

Regards! 

Moderator comment: Link(s) expanded for transparency.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Imperator87
Paper Tape
Views: 335
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

I don't think that is a issue. I try several windows laptops in store few hours ago mine s730 included and every touchpad has "dead" zones like in picture. Tap or touch work everywhere.

This is a design of touchpads and i have been little bit pampered from macbook force touch trackpad.

I think that is a solved.

lenovo-touchpad.jpg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 320
Message 4 of 4

I see. If you can still use that certain touchpad zone to move the cursor, then we can say that this is not considered as an issue, instead a limitation of the hardware.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors