Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Man-50
Punch Card
Views: 866
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Setting and Onekey Optimizer

I have unistalled the 2 applications, and I want to re-install them.

Could someone please inform me where to download these two software, my device is Yoga 500.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 829
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Setting and Onekey Optimizer

The Lenovo Settings app is available via the Windows Store; just search for Lenovo Settings. The Quick Optimizer (note the name change) is available via the relevant Drivers & Software page for the Yoga 500 on the Lenovo Support website.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Man-50
Punch Card
Views: 816
Message 3 of 7

I am really confused by Lenovo.

I have uninstalled Lenovo Setting, When I located the software in Windows Store and clicked "Install", a message showed 'This app is installed on this pc", but I did not find the application was installed on the laptop.

I understand "Lenovo Setting Dependency Package" should installed for Lenovo Setting to work properly, when I was trying to install the software, a message showed " This software should be installed in ThinkPad".

Why Yoga 500, which is IdeaPad, came with Lenovo Setting, but Lenovo Setting Dependency Package could not be installed in an IdeaPad?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 803
Message 4 of 7

In answer to your question (1) - did you reboot your Yoga before trying to install the Lenovo Settings app? I've found that sometimes it takes a reboot before Windows Store recognises that an app really has been uninstalled, and will allow it to be reinstalled.

As for installing the "Lenovo Settings Dependency Package" - I'm not sure that this is required any more. I believe that it has been replaced by the "Lenovo System Interface Foundation" software. At least, on all my Yogas, the "Lenovo Settings Dependency Package" is no longer listed in the Windows Programs and Features list, and has been replaced by the Lenovo System Interface Foundation.

The "Lenovo Settings Dependency Package" has also been removed from the list of drivers and software for the Yoga 500 - see this page as an example. 

I suggest that you make sure that you have completely removed the Lenovo Settings Dependency Package, if it was installed. When you install the new Lenovo Settings app, that should automatically download and install the new Lenovo System Interface Foundation package.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Man-50
Punch Card
Views: 773
Message 5 of 7

I have rebooted Yoga several times, but still unable to install Lenovo Setting.

The Lenovo Setting Dependency Package is no longer in the driver list, but I have a link and I still can download it.

I cannot locate the Lenovo System Interface Foundation package, can you provide a link?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 766
Message 6 of 7

Well, I'm sorry, but I don't know what further to suggest.

As a test, I uninstalled the Lenovo Settings app from my Yoga 900 - it was uninstalled as expected. I then rebooted the Yoga 900, went to the Windows Store, searched for Lenovo Settings, and on the Store page for Lenovo Settings, the Install button appeared. Clicking the button installed the Lenovo Settings app without an issue.

As I wrote earlier, the Lenovo Settings Dependency Package is no longer used. You may have an old link to download it, but I advise against installing it.

A link for the Lenovo System Interface Foundation package is here: http://support.lenovo.com/nl/en/downloads/ds105970

Man-50
Punch Card
Views: 757
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for your assistance.

Eventually, I am able to install the Lenovo Setting after removing residuals of the application left after uninstall, I also installed the Lenovo System Interface Foundation.

Lenovo Setting is a simple application it includes 3 topics, System Inf, Camera, Audio, most of the topics shown in the picture in Windows Store are missing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors